Upset Neighbors

Update: I received the baffles!.....and they are too small :rolleyes:. I measured the stock baffle on the bike at 2" but went to check them once they came in and the 2" baffles are too small. Once it stops raining I will remove the pipes and stock baffles and get some pictures. Guess Im in for returning and reordering a pair of 2 1/8".

Well it finally stopped raining after work long enough for me to go out and drill out the rivets in the stock baffles on to find them VERY stuck and me out of PB Blaster. So tomorrow I will be heading by lowes to pick up some ant mound killer and enough PB Blaster to soak every bolt and band that is currently very rusted together. I guess I get to remove the entire exhaust once it does its thing and try some "alternative" methods to get the stock baffles out.

Well it finally stopped raining after work long enough for me to go out and drill out the rivets in the stock baffles on to find them VERY stuck and me out of PB Blaster. So tomorrow I will be heading by lowes to pick up some ant mound killer and enough PB Blaster to soak every bolt and band that is currently very rusted together. I guess I get to remove the entire exhaust once it does its thing and try some "alternative" methods to get the stock baffles out.
Don't listen to me, but I'll bet an expert will come along and suggest heat to free them up.

Don't listen to me, but I'll bet an expert will come along and suggest heat to free them up.
In my brilliance, after banging on the pipes with a rubber deadblow (while cold) I let the bike run for 15 min (outside pipe hot through a leather glove) and tried to pull with nothing. Im no longer an official mechanic but I will always be working under the shade tree.

After completely removing the exhaust, one baffle slid right out. 30 minutes of cussing, heating, and beating later I discovered there was a slight bend in the lip of the pipe that had frozen the other in place. I got the plastic lip pliers, pried it back to round and the other came out. BUT, I completely realized I forgot to send the big city thunder baffles back to exchange them. So I am about to cut the glass off, measure it, and order 2 more and wraps so I can rebuild the entire baffle when I put it back together.

Attachments

• 2022-09-18 15.44.42.jpg
    2022-09-18 15.44.42.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 2022-09-18 15.27.11.jpg
    2022-09-18 15.27.11.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 14
Back