Tuneecu equipment

Waconut

.060 Over
Ride
2011 Rocket Roadster, 04 Sprint RS, 66 T100R,
Am waiting on pipes from Paul and getting ready for the change over. Posted before about tuneecu dyno availability and it appears the nearest one is hour away. All of the tuners within a descent reach are v twin guys that only use PCV. I've decided to tax my computer illiterate brain and go for downloading a tune myself. Need to get the program and setup for diagnostics anyway. Between my son and I, we have three fuel injected Triumphs so about time lol. Anyway, Since everything I have is Apple now I'm going to have to pick up a used laptop or tablet for use on the bikes. Just looking for the best way to go for tuneecu. Would I be better off getting something windows based or Android. Don't know the technical difference. Just appears to be a version of each on the tuneecu web site. I thought Android was windows based. Any help from others experience will be greatly appreciated!!

I have used the windows version, but that will no longer be supported as the web site is frozen, but it works.
I will be trying the android version shortly, the down side may be the small screen, IIRC early versions were not as full featured as windows but I believe that has been addressed.
Seems some here use both.

Rick

I'm a Mac guy and feel your pain. I got a pretty ancient laptop that had Vista on it and TuneEcu worked initially, then failed. The advice I got here was to upgrade the OS. I learned that Windows 7 is one of the most loved and stable OS for the PC, so I found a copy on eBay for about $3. Now TuneEcu works great.

Bottom line is get something cheap, but avoid Vista OS. Someone will chime in shortly saying they use that without a problem, so your mileage may vary. I'm just say'n....

The cable is the most important thing to get right, or you're going to be frustrated. Here's the one that is generally recommended...

Diagnostic Interface for TuneECU Motorbikes

My 2 cents...if it were me, id get an android tablet or a cheap laptop with win 7 or 10.

Tunecu is a pretty darn good tool. Power Commanders on our bike only trim fuel. A good base tune with tunecu (you didnt specify what exactly you were changing) and and Power Commander to trim fueling will work well together. But your either gonna have to get it dynod or add the autotune function to get the fueling close.

Its been my experience a tune from another bike will be close but not right.

In any case, good luck! And enjoy your new new pipes!

avoid Vista OS. Someone will chime in shortly saying they use that without a problem,
Yeah but nobody will believe them. ime at work - Win7 is starting to get flakey too. Recent "security patches" are creating very weird occurrences.

If you can find a copy of Win10 Enterprise LTSB - it's excellent. No bloat-ware at all. And you can disable all (incl M-Soft) spy-ware.

Thanks for all your input guys. Jvheli, I'm going with Paul's crossover and mufflers for the exhaust than putting 3 K&Ns on the intake. Leaving stock exhaust manifold on as I really like the looks compared to most headers. I do play a lot above the 4000 rpm range and know the header will benefit up high but just can't bring myself to change it at this time lol.

Thanks for all your input guys. Jvheli, I'm going with Paul's crossover and mufflers for the exhaust than putting 3 K&Ns on the intake. Leaving stock exhaust manifold on as I really like the looks compared to most headers. I do play a lot above the 4000 rpm range and know the header will benefit up high but just can't bring myself to change it at this time lol.
Copy that. @Paul Bryant can point you in the right tune direction. A properly tuned bike with a header makes more power everywhere, not just up high. And will run cooler than stock.

Back