The Rocket's In The Shop

bkrbil

.060 Over
My Rocket's in the shop (probably for a while). I brought it in for transmission problems. It feels like it's trying to kick out of gear in second only. While it's in, they're taking care of the fuel float and switch, The light comes on after 65 miles of travel. While the service manager was walking around the bike, he noticed the chrome on the tach casing was bubbling, and getting ready to peel. New tach housing.
So, I guess I'll be without the Rocket for a while. They have to wait for Triumph approval before they start work. Bummer! :mad:
Thank God I've got other bikes to ride in the meantime.

My Rocket's in the shop (probably for a while). I brought it in for transmission problems. It feels like it's trying to kick out of gear in second only. While it's in, they're taking care of the fuel float and switch, The light comes on after 65 miles of travel. While the service manager was walking around the bike, he noticed the chrome on the tach casing was bubbling, and getting ready to peel. New tach housing.
So, I guess I'll be without the Rocket for a while. They have to wait for Triumph approval before they start work. Bummer! :mad:
Thank God I've got other bikes to ride in the meantime.

good luck. definitely let us know what they find out. I've been having shifting issues but
I think it's in the cable adjustment (at least I hope so). I barely got the bike to it's first service before winter hit.

Unfortunately, I won't be riding anytime soon. It was -8 degrees here this morning and we've had record January snow so far.

Unfortunately, I won't be riding anytime soon. It was -8 degrees here this morning and we've had record January snow so far.

We haven't had much snow yet this year, but it has been cold. It's supposed to be in the teens, maybe low 20's tomorrow, with a wind chill below zero.

I still have a ride scheduled for tomorrow (about 150 miles). I'll just have to take the Wing or Valkyrie. As long as the roads are clear, we ride almost every weekend. Thank God for Gerbings heated clothing!

http://www.polarbeargrandtour.com/

Back