wilbur-t

Top Fuel
We took our first trip up to the Blue Ridge Mountains this year last weekend. Was also Lisa's first long trip riding her own bike. She did great. We took it pretty easy, no draggin' the pegs off or drag racing, etc. Did a little over 500 miles. Stopped at Station's Inn for a midday beer on Sunday afternoon. [A motorcycle bar and grill in Laurel Springs, N.C., just off the parkway.] Man, that place was jumpin'. Must have been 200 bikes there, mostly Hardleys, of course. Only other Triumph there was a Tiger, about 2002 vintage. A band was doing a decent job cranking out Stevie Ray tunes. [My favorite!] Here is a couple pics of the parking lot across the street. Can you spot the Rocket?

Attachments

• 15110441227.jpg
    15110441227.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
I have to respond to this:

If I'm recalling properly, there was a post just a short time back where someone had parked their bike (some model other than a Hardly) in a parking area only to come out and find an "inconsiderate" Hardley rider had put his Hog so close that the rider (whom the focus of this response if about) could not saddel his bike & depart with "biker pride". Now I'm not inplying (although it sounded like it) that the rider did not get his bike on the road again, but the photo evidence he posted was truely pointing toward an inconsiderate rider.

So Flip, Sh!t does happen in the bike ranks as well. You could most likely recall a particular situation as many years as you've had your butt astraddle of a two wheeled frame (and in your case, three wheeled).

I would also like to reiterate a comment I posted a time back. If you ever see a bike parked on a sidewalk in front of a business, 9 times out of 10 I would venture it would be a Hardley rider with more pride than one should be allowed to enjoy. After all, aren't Rocket riders full of pride, but we don't "SEE" a designated parking sign (when there really isn't one) inviting us to put the bike where ever we **** well feel like it.

Soap box is put away now.

See ya.

Ditto on Stations! We too stopped in for a break only to view a lot of harleys and some vintage bikes. The best happened when a group of riders stopped to gawk at the bike circling several times checking out the tire etc. One guy wanted to stay back while the rest went on till they gave him a holler. Wanted to wife to see the skyline drive---:eek: the whole thing covered in gravel! Doubt we will try again. We ventured over to the Outer banks for a couple of days. 1560 miles total. Gotta love the south.

Link Removed

Back