I'm curious why it just happens on a few new rockets and not others. I'm hopeful that the new downloads will remedy this. I guess I'll know after Thursday. I live relatively close to a dealer but I feel bad for the guy that has a 200 plus mile journey every time he has to get something fixed.

it is only going to happen on the new rockets 2020 up

the rockets 2019 and down had a simple three wire system that failed for a lot of rockets
2020 up has probably got a 6 wire set up (cars) that works with a back up voltage for example one side works from 0 to 100%or voltage 0 to 5 volts while the other side of the switch works from 100 to 0% this enables the ecu to cross reference and compare to c if there is a problem and if one side goes the ecu can get u home with the check engine light on.
also the throttle motor has a similar system.
i am talking about systems in general drive by wire

Although I don't have the problem, reading this makes me question dependability of the company/bike. Is it a matter of time for other 2020 bikes? Boy the Honda was dependable.

It happened to me few times already during first 3000 kms. Mostly downshifting to 1st gear while rolling to a stop. Another time tried to take off from stop lights and it stalled. Has anybody found the reason behind it or any fix for this? I asked the dealer and they couldn’t find any issue. Told me that I might have released the clutch too soon .. Been riding for 20 years and I know how to release the clutch :)

Back