Southern Cruisers Riding Club

triroketman

Supercharged
I was wondering if any of you belong to the Southern Cruisers Riding Club? They are supposed to have Chapters all over the US and over 30,000 members. I would like to know what they are all about and if they are worth joining.
Thanks
Dave
06 R&W Classic

I just went to their website, and I do now about them. I did one of their members wedding a year or two ago, good group of people

Freak

Last edited:
I've been with the San Antonio chaper of the SCRC for about 4 years now and they are a great bunch of people. Most rides and get-togethers are very friendly and family oriented. My chapter really helped my family out when I was over in the desert (IRAQ) and that is something I can't thank them enough for.

As the web site states http://www.southerncruisers.net there are no dues, no required meetings, no mandatory rides, etc. While some argue that no requirements means your part of a "fake" club, it really works out for me since I'm more of a family man now, and less of the party animal I have been in the past. (Although, I still look for a good party on occaision!.. :)). I've met some really great people over the years and been on some rides I might not otherwise have taken.

Last edited:
I was wondering if any of you belong to the Southern Cruisers Riding Club? They are supposed to have Chapters all over the US and over 30,000 members. I would like to know what they are all about and if they are worth joining.
Thanks
Dave
06 R&W Classic

I am not a member. However, I do know a lot of folks that are, or that have been members. The organization is like most others in that such groups tend to be what people make of them ... so how a particular chapter is perceived will vary with the people involved. If you are looking for folks to ride with, where there are no required brand loyalties, and where your commitment level to the overall whole is up to you, then the Southern Cruisers would be a good organization to check out. The only individuals I know who have been disappointed are the one's who have tried to make it into something "they" wanted it to be, rather than what it is --- a riding club that is privately owned.

Overall, I think they are a great group ... and know some fine individuals with SCRC. I hang out on several Delphi Forums. I know the SCRC groups have several forums on Delphi --- those forums might be a good way to get a feel for the group and make some contacts.

Just my thoughts,
Witness (Chuck)
Elder Chapter Eight
Born Again M/M

Scrc

Thanks
Dave
06 R&W Classic

As others have mentioned, each chapter varies to some degree and it's the individuals that make or break the chapter. The club generally positions themselves as the "family values" riding club. They have such rules as strict prohibition of alcohol and/or nudity at any club event, etc... If that's what you're looking for (and a lot of riders are) then it is a great club. One other thing to know, is that being a free internet club, there is a constant influx of newbie riders onto the rides in most chapters. So (generally) be prepared for inexperienced riders on their rides.

Back