For Sale SOLD - Progressive 444 rear shocks

Hi,

I may be interested in buying your shocks. I have been looking at upgrading to the 444s for a while, but have a couple of questions:

I am running the stock length shocks at 12.5”. Is the 13” a noticible difference in seat or ride height? I don’t want to raise the seat much since I can flat foot with the stock length.

I have the 2013 R3 Touring with bags and a trunk. Looking at the Progressive suspension website I see the super heavy duty is targeted to the Touring models only. However, I am a featherweight at 150 pounds. Occasionally I ride two up with my kids adding another 125ish. As you have ridden with these shocks I am wondering your thoughts if they might be too stiff for my setup.

Last edited:
What are you experiencing now that causes you to consider upgrading shocks?

The additional 1/2 inch in length is not that much of a difference.

The heavy duty spring would definitely be more effective when the bike is loaded with you, gear and passenger.

Can wrap and get a shipping quote if you decide to get them. Am guessing $20-35?

BTW, for around $75-100 you can buy the standard rate springs from Progressive and swap them out if you find the HD too much.

My shocks are spiking too much. Looking for better damping. I have a set of Hagons that seem great, but I want to adjust the preload between rides for gear and two-up riding. the Hagons were cumbersome, but I like the setup on the 444 for adjusting. less options to dial it in, but more user friendly for pre load adjustment.

Back