**SOLD** 2011 R3 with a 240 kit from Carpenters Racing

Thompson

Standard Bore
Ride
2011 Rocket 3 Roadster
SOLD. I am selling my 2011 R3 with a 240 kit from Carpenters Racing. Kit was installed in 2018 and I rode for about 7000 miles then needed to replace cam chain guide in early 19. Rode again in 2020 for about 1000 miles and now transmission is shot. Between 8 and 9 thousand on new motor and 32000 on bike. Asking 6000 obo. Will upload pictures in the morning.

Last edited:
I am selling my 2011 R3 with a 240 kit from Carpenters Racing. Kit was installed in 2018 and I rode for about 7000 miles then needed to replace cam chain guide in early 19. Rode again in 2020 for about 1000 miles and now transmission is shot. Between 8 and 9 thousand on new motor and 32000 on bike. Asking 6000 obo. Will upload pictures in the morning.
Do you know what part/s of the trans is shot or the issue presenting itself? Could be a simple detent spring issue or something minor and especially if being a 240 kit as the Robinson undercut gears and billet 4th gear would be recommended if not installed surely?

Do you know what part/s of the trans is shot or the issue presenting itself? Could be a simple detent spring issue or something minor and especially if being a 240 kit as the Robinson undercut gears and billet 4th gear would be recommended if not installed surely?
I spoke with Mr. Carpenter and he said the same thing...Told me they could replace all the gears, back cut and billet fourth. Wishing I would have had all this done when I had the kit installed.

I spoke with Mr. Carpenter and he said the same thing...Told me they could replace all the gears, back cut and billet fourth. Wishing I would have had all this done when I had the kit installed.
There are threads here that can guide you through the relatively easy process of detecting in minutes and fixing the detent spring in a few hours without removing engine from bike. Apparently front radiator and front case covers removal allow enough access. There are many many expert guides and their on phone assistance willing to assist from my experience here. Start seaching 'Detent' with author @warp9.9 and your well on your way to finding out if a few hours and a 50 cent spring will save you a massive loss in your investment. if you don't, some one here surely will I expect.

Back