SOLD: 2006 Triumph Rocket III Classic

Tumwatertaz

Outa here...Buh bye.
Ride
1994 Harley Dyna Low Rider
Well...sadly...it's time for me and my Rocket III to part ways. I just turned 65, and with my arthritis, my gout, my bad back, my bad knee, my screwed up shoulder, and my constant aches and pains from old wounds and all of that...it is just too difficult for me to ride it any more. I picked up a great running 1600 Vulcan for a great price that is a lot easier for me to handle when I feel able enough to ride, and I'm not gonna just let the Rocket III sit here in my garage, collect dust, and not ever get ridden, because a beautiful great running bike like it doesn't deserve that. I would rather let someone else that appreciates it enjoy riding it. So I'm gonna let all my Triumph gear, shirts, hats, spare parts, etc. go with it. I kinda wanna make a clean break and not keep anything around to remind me of how painful it is to have to say goodbye to my dream bike and the one bike I always wanted to own since I heard about them and they were first seen here in the USA way back in late 2003.

I've posted it on Seattle's Craigslist if any of you are interested. All of the pics and specific info are there, along with my contact information. I'm willing to negotiate some on the price for anyone on here because I know you guys will give a good home and show it lots of TLC.

Here's the link to my ad: 2006 Triumph Rocket III Classic with lots of extras for sale

:thumbsup:Sorry to hear Brother, wish it was in Aus.... I would jump at it .... at 61 I know that I will face the same decision soon enough .... ride well

Thanks Longrider. Your very kind words are much appreciated.

I stalled and put it off as long as I could...but I finally just had to get over it and make my peace with it. But it surely is gonna be a real sad day when it pulls away for the very last time with someone else on it. But in my heart..I know it is what's best for me and the bike. Who ever buys it is gonna get one hell of a nice bike and a truck bed loaded full of great Triumph and Rocket III stuff to go with it.

Wow what is the unique looking solo seat rail and bolster with rear luggage pack? Is it custom or a manufacturer's accessory?

At almost 61, my memory of shoulder and neck pain have faded until I actually think I want another Rocket but your post and others have jogged my memory. I miss my 2006 but the physical demands exceed my capability. That's why I jumped to the Vision. I experience none of the knee, shoulder, neck pain of the past. It's riding position in my opinion. The torque of the Rocket and my incessant application of it would have eventually led to paralysis when I finished severing my spinal cord in my neck. I'll always cherish the days of the Rocket. There's some young adventurous guy out there that wants your bike. Mention the "family" of experts and the old guard that lend their expertise to the purchaser. That color should sell well. Best wishes, best memories.

Good looking bike
Thanks skydog...I put a lot of time and $$ into it. Those pics don't really do it justice. I really shines and sparkles in the sunlight. And it runs and rides as great as it looks.
Wow what is the unique looking solo seat rail and bolster with rear luggage pack? Is it custom or a manufacturer's accessory?
The backrest was originally made for a VTX 1800. I reshaped, modified it, and had it re-chromed to help keep my butt in the seat better during hard accelerating, and to add a little support for my bad back. The rear luggage rack and pouch is a Rivco rear fender solo seat rack with a Triumph Thunderbird sissy bar pouch on it. I ride solo...so it gave me a little extra storage. Switching back to the rear seat only takes a few minutes and a few bolts. No new holes were ever drilled in the rear fender.
At almost 61, my memory of shoulder and neck pain have faded until I actually think I want another Rocket but your post and others have jogged my memory. I miss my 2006 but the physical demands exceed my capability. That's why I jumped to the Vision. I experience none of the knee, shoulder, neck pain of the past. It's riding position in my opinion. The torque of the Rocket and my incessant application of it would have eventually led to paralysis when I finished severing my spinal cord in my neck. I'll always cherish the days of the Rocket. There's some young adventurous guy out there that wants your bike. Mention the "family" of experts and the old guard that lend their expertise to the purchaser. That color should sell well. Best wishes, best memories.
Sorry to hear about your injuries JoseyR3Wales. Thanks for your kind words.

68 in Sept. Disabled Nam vet, still riding but not as much. 5 tagged and running bikes in the barn. If it wern't for this iddy biddy mobile home, I'd have em all in here in the living room! Figure I'll ride till I can't walk, or until I get squashed into a puddle of mush on the highway. Been thinking about a Rocket powered wheel chair, with a couple of narrow slicks and wheelie bars! And one of those squeeze ball horns. Oh, and one of those long reach gripper things, so I can still grab a piece of ass when available.! HA!;)

68 in Sept. Disabled Nam vet, still riding but not as much. 5 tagged and running bikes in the barn. If it wern't for this iddy biddy mobile home, I'd have em all in here in the living room! Figure I'll ride till I can't walk, or until I get squashed into a puddle of mush on the highway. Been thinking about a Rocket powered wheel chair, with a couple of narrow slicks and wheelie bars! And one of those squeeze ball horns. Oh, and one of those long reach gripper things, so I can still grab a piece of ass when available.! HA!;)
LMAO...I hear ya brother. I was there and wounded in '72. Welcome home cootertwo. I have five of ours (selling two and building one) and one of a buddy of mine's that is broke down waiting on parts in my garage. Getting a bit hard to move around because my garage is so crowded. If I get too feeble to ride on two wheels..I'll just build me a badass trike and keep on riding.

Back