Want to Buy Rubber tank pad

Kojack1970

Turbocharged
Ride
2016 Rocket Roadster and 2000 HD Fatboy
Anyone have a rubber tank pad they might want to part with? There is a new one on ebay but the price is absurd at $39. I know these are discontinued by the factory, but I'm not paying that much for a piece of rubber.

Anyone have a rubber tank pad they might want to part with? There is a new one on ebay but the price is absurd at $39. I know these are discontinued by the factory, but I'm not paying that much for a piece of rubber.

Arhh those infamous thoughts, cause of many, many bastards.
The Scots had a far more frugal contraception method! ;):p:D

I have a couple in the shed but postage is more than you could bear.

Besides they are only US$12 in the USA.;):cool:

Tank Pad for Rocket III | A9718006 | Triumph Motorcycles

A9718006

upload_2020-1-16_8-28-25.png

A9718006_white.jpg

Last edited:
I have a couple in the shed but postage is more than you could bear.

No kidding, shipping from down under, good lord. Might be cheaper to fly to the UK and hunt one down...lol

Bikebandit.com has them so cheap I bought a backup. Now I need to find the tank knee pads for a reasonable price

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200116-010719_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200116-010719_Chrome.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 1
Bikebandit.com has them so cheap I bought a backup. Now I need to find the tank knee pads for a reasonable price

Bike Bandit shows them on their website, but they really don't have them. Their online system doesn't have real-time stock. Place an order and will get canceled because there is no stock.

Bike Bandit shows them on their website, but they really don't have them. Their online system doesn't have real-time stock. Place an order and will get canceled because there is no stock.
Like I said, I did indeed buy 2 that I have in my possession. One is on my tank and the other is in storage. They had 1 in stock and the other one took a couple weeks to arrive. I have had items cancelled by bikebandit before, but not my tank pads. This was in oct-nov.

Like I said, I did indeed buy 2 that I have in my possession. One is on my tank and the other is in storage. They had 1 in stock and the other one took a couple weeks to arrive. I have had items cancelled by bikebandit before, but not my tank pads. This was in oct-nov.
Good for you!:thumbsup: Many dealers have short term specials as well sales of New Old Stock or cancelled /uncollected orders. National distributors in markets have their own specials that may run until an old model accessory is sold out or they just revert to full retail list price sometimes 4-5 times the special price. Finding and spotting these bargains is a time consuming activity.

BikeBandit do though have a very well deserved reputation for NEVER updating the factory stock lists and taking the money or locking it up on you credit facility for weeks. They do this repeatedly for same discontinued items with different customers.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

These are still available in Australia for Au$57 or so from a Triumph dealer in Perth WA.
TANK PAD - ROCKET 3

Good for you!:thumbsup: Many dealers have short term specials as well sales of New Old Stock or cancelled /uncollected orders. National distributors in markets have their own specials that may run until an old model accessory is sold out or they just revert to full retail list price sometimes 4-5 times the special price. Finding and spotting these bargains is a time consuming activity.

BikeBandit do though have a very well deserved reputation for NEVER updating the factory stock lists and taking the money or locking it up on you credit facility for weeks. They do this repeatedly for same discontinued items with different customers.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

These are still available in Australia for Au$57 or so from a Triumph dealer in Perth WA.
TANK PAD - ROCKET 3
That's exactly what they did when I purchased the low rider seat. I called them and asked why the charge was put on my bank account if they knew immediately it was discontinued. I had to wait for the other items on the order to ship before they refunded the $200 for the seat. I suppose an email to them asking if an item is currently available would make sense before placing the order

Back