RECENT bike spill/ im thinkin requires some expert advice?

Rocketeer4life

Built like a rock
Ride
2005 Rocket 3
ello der all! So yes. i finally swap in my new used engine. got er workin very fine n sounding mean again. haha n ya know figures, literally right after a sucessful fresh install of the ram air iv had around for a yr now. she was runnin pretty nice. So took er out to enjoy n maybe a half a block away from leaving after 2 right turns n a short mild coast down the street. forks lock to the right and bike flew me into sidewalk curb instantly lol. idk if that was my throttle reaction? but i recall it bein as if she was givin me attitude? So Been at it slowly all day of tearing back down to fix what can be fixed/inspect/ remove scraped parts......as im doing this is there any important aspects or procedures to take care of now after a good friggin blast into cement n im guessin a good friggin flip! lol idk i was launched n bike was in someones yard right over the sidewalk. rear rims trashed. i was told to inspect driveshaft for cracks. and im tearing exhaust back off as its clear it got knocked loose to dangle so will be inspecting all that then

My son is an A&P mechanic and he says most of the time after takeoff within 2 minutes if theres a problem and it was worked on it will more than likely fall there as cause of crash. So step 1 inspect mechanics paperwork :sneaky: and logs and he may have to be replaced. step 2 well you probably just fired the mechanic :roll: so let a pro inspect the bike unless you see fiscars in the frame or headstock or headstock bearings or engine mount cracks then you can deduce 250 for a new frame will be needed. Knucklehead be careful that thing could have hurt you:) now get busy and get you a rocket running again so you can go do what rockets do.:thumbsup: Make sure that new speed sensor is ok:roll:

Back