Rear Brake Went

The problem is: you have to deal with two parties:

- the manufacturer
- the dealer

I had the problem with the rear brake, too. But even though I am a mechanical engineer, I am no professional regarding ABS systems. So I depend on the shop. And since they have done their job, everything is perfect.

I took the beast out yesterday and the ride was just a dream.

Where I want to end?

The points I see here are - from my point of view - mostly based on the ignorance of the dealer. Will it make sense to sue TRIUMPH? I don't think so. Kick your dealers ass!
The recall is to bleed the brake line and perform a software update. Even an incompetent dealership can do that as it's routine. So far two dealerships have performed the recall on my bike. If the problem persists I don't think it's a dealership issue. Others have had the issue repeat itself 3 or 4 times. There is an obvious issue from a manufacturer/quality control standpoint or we wouldn't be having this done in the first place.

Im gonna go out on a limb and say these bikes quality control is absolute dog sh*t

within 500 miles. front brake goes out and down to the handle bar.
1000 miles rear brake becomes soft.
200 more miles same thing,
over last winter the rear brake goes completely to the floor after sitting.
How can a software abs bleed fix this when some how there was enough air in the system from factory to over time cause the pedal to go to the floor. Makes Zero sense. if theres air in the system then clearly there is a leak. no abs software bleed will fix this. its just a bandaid..
3800 miles my rear shaft starts making a mad noise. dealer says noise is just rocks, hitting the fender..
I remove all the covers to prove there's a problem, then 4 weeks later dealer replaces.

Im not happy with this bike at all. For 22k I would expect everything to work as is and not have so many issues under 10k even 20k miles.

Would love someone to chime in if they have ever lemon lawed a bike before...

I dont care what anyone says, but in my opinion, not biased either as I own two other triumphs, after this piece of sh*t bike Ill probably never buy a Triumph again.
So sorry to hear this and am thinking lemon.
I REALLY love mine.

The recall is to bleed the brake line and perform a software update. Even an incompetent dealership can do that as it's routine..
That's what YOU believe...

I saw how it has been done on mine - you need competence to do this, be sure... "routine" is something completely different. It has two be done by two person in parallel step by step - and every error brings you back to the starting point again...

By the way: there is no software update to be done...

Im gonna go out on a limb and say these bikes quality control is absolute dog sh*t

within 500 miles. front brake goes out and down to the handle bar.
1000 miles rear brake becomes soft.
200 more miles same thing,
over last winter the rear brake goes completely to the floor after sitting.
How can a software abs bleed fix this when some how there was enough air in the system from factory to over time cause the pedal to go to the floor. Makes Zero sense. if theres air in the system then clearly there is a leak. no abs software bleed will fix this. its just a bandaid..
3800 miles my rear shaft starts making a mad noise. dealer says noise is just rocks, hitting the fender..
I remove all the covers to prove there's a problem, then 4 weeks later dealer replaces.

Im not happy with this bike at all. For 22k I would expect everything to work as is and not have so many issues under 10k even 20k miles.

Would love someone to chime in if they have ever lemon lawed a bike before...

I dont care what anyone says, but in my opinion, not biased either as I own two other triumphs, after this piece of sh*t bike Ill probably never buy a Triumph again.
when i took mine in for the recall they had to order parts be for i took it in. Not sure what parts they were.

Back