Re-do of my introduction

Hello Colorado Mac and welcome again from Virginia. I'm not sure at all why you and @thorin want to wait till spring to ride. I rode all year when I lived in Highlands Ranch and Centennial. Snow only lasts on the road a day or so from memory... ;-)

Yeah, and I’m sure you walked 20 miles uphill both ways to school every day also.
Seriously, of course you’re right. There are plenty of days throughout the winter where the sun is shining and the roads are dry.
I was thinking about the fact that he’s 60 miles south of me and an extended drive in cold temps to connect might be a challenge.

Yeah, and I’m sure you walked 20 miles uphill both ways to school every day also.
Seriously, of course you’re right. There are plenty of days throughout the winter where the sun is shining and the roads are dry.
I was thinking about the fact that he’s 60 miles south of me and an extended drive in cold temps to connect might be a challenge.

I get a handful of days of riding in every winter. Whenever the temps go up on the weekend, snow and ice are ALL gone (even in the shadows), and there is a bit of sun, out I go. But, don't forget all the sand and salt on the roads all winter - neither are good for a bike!

Hi Colorado Mac and a warm welcome to the forum from another resident of the British Isles. Am I jealous of you new bike and the ridiculously low price? Of course I AM!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::roll:

True...i remember having to stop under a freeway bridge once to get out of a hail storm...worst, most boring 3 minutes of my life...i got therapy...I'm ok now...:confused::whitstling::ninja:
I had that happen with the hail once with one exception I was unable to get under a 2 lane overpass do to 5 wide vehicle's already stuffed in there...all I can say is thank goodness for full gear..lol

Back