Want to Buy R3T Quick Release Windshield (complete) and Aux Light Bar

I just picked up a bargain NOS quick release Summer screen for an America and will see how it fits to my very similar R3T QR system. I like buying and trying non-stock items out to see if they will work on our Rockets. They were Au$495 RRP here then, Au$705.50 now if available but I got it for a fair bit less ;) :whitstling:

If it doesn't fit the R3T I can rig something up for a R3R easy enough. The bobbins to engage with are no problem and I have quite a few generic ones in different sizes.
TRIUMPH AMERICA (EFI) 2011 SUMMER SCREEN QUICK RELEASE A9701251

Someone on the forum was chasing one of these a year or two ago, but as my PMs disappear after a year now, I have no idea who:(
1593235224220.png
1593235261027.png
1593235276506.png
1593235300615.png
1593235318633.png

Here is another similar one cheap in USA. US$95

Triumph Bonneville Quick Release Summer Screen A9708221
1593237448105.png
1593237478506.png
Truly amazed! ;):thumbsup::cool:

Fitted straight onto to my existing 2011 R3 Touring Quick Release system. A great Summer alternative to the stock R3T screen while still providing some wind protection unlike the factory accessory Chrome Boulevade Peak that @Kevin frazier got for his dragstrip performances.

Top bobbin fits fine but stock R3T bottom bobbin diameter is a few mm too wide. As these are Stainless fittings, I can file bottom screen bracket receiving slot to widen or fit a smaller bobbin, easy peasy!

The R3T spacing width between bobbins is correct on both sides and top and bottom also perfectly match the America Summer screen.

Perfect fitment around and clear of R3T geadlight

Truly amazed! ;):thumbsup::cool:

Fitted straight onto to my existing 2011 R3 Touring Quick Release system. A great Summer alternative to the stock R3T screen while still providing some wind protection unlike the factory accessory Chrome Boulevade Peak that @Kevin frazier got for his dragstrip performances.

Top bobbin fits fine but stock R3T bottom bobbin diameter is a few mm too wide. As these are Stainless fittings, I can file bottom screen bracket receiving slot to widen or fit a smaller bobbin, easy peasy!

The R3T spacing width between bobbins is correct on both sides and top and bottom also perfectly match the America Summer screen.

Perfect fitment around and clear of R3T geadlight
Youre now answering your self and replying in bold, i wish i had your dads number to check on you;) oh the boulevard is fixing to go on and soon. Time to lightem up a tad nervous as the widowmaker does angry stuff now when cable pulled tight:sneaky:

Youre now answering your self and replying in bold, i wish i had your dads number to check on you;) oh the boulevard is fixing to go on and soon. Time to lightem up a tad nervous as the widowmaker does angry stuff now when cable pulled tight:sneaky:
I may have caught Steve's Big'n'Bold Bulls virus, I just hope the giant emoji's don't start or I may never recover! ;) :whitstling::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

Crazy cheap, I guess you can never have too many windshields,I just bought one.

Screenshot_20200705-143851.png
Welcome to the Lab rat crew again matey!

You have the similar Bonneville A9708221 version which I have now noted has spool buttons on the inside and a different QD mount. I posted links before but see images below. :(
I have not bought that version yet but was going to. ;)

Now you can be first to report.;):thumbsup::whitstling:

Or cancel/return your order unopened if you do not want to risk it.

I think I have seen a listing note for the Bonnie one you bought stating it does not fit 'LT' Bonnies which I presume would include the cruiser style Speedmaster and America wide fork versions as the Thunderbird LT was to other Thunderbird versions.

I bought and tested the TRIUMPH AMERICA (EFI) 2011 SUMMER SCREEN QUICK RELEASE A9701251 which has the same mounting system as the R3T and was tossing up on another one I found.

Bonneville A9708221 version
1594010294263.png

Versus

1594010294263.png 1594010462422.png
1594010462422.png

Last edited:
Welcome to the Lab rat crew again matey!

You have the similar Bonneville A9708221 version which I have now noted has spool buttons on the inside and a different QD mount. I posted links before but see images below. :(
I have not bought that version yet but was going to. ;)

Now you can be first to report.;):thumbsup::whitstling:

Or cancel/return your order unopened if you do not want to risk it.

I think I have seen a listing note for the Bonnie one you bought stating it does not fit 'LT' Bonnies which I presume would include the cruiser style Speedmaster and America wide fork versions as the Thunderbird LT was to other Thunderbird versions.

I bought and tested the TRIUMPH AMERICA (EFI) 2011 SUMMER SCREEN QUICK RELEASE A9701251 which has the same mounting system as the R3T and was tossing up on another one I found.

Bonneville A9708221 version
1594010294263.png

Versus

1594010294263.png 1594010462422.png
1594010462422.png
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Actually, I have so many windshields, if the plastic fits I can throw it on one of my hardware sets. I don't see much use for either of my tall windshields in the future in Florida

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Actually, I have so many windshields, if the plastic fits I can throw it on one of my hardware sets. I don't see much use for either of my tall windshields in the future in Florida
That was my thinking too re using the screen if the brackets do not fit.

I had a deer crash into me last Friday. It destroyed my windshield and aux light bar.
Anyone looking to sell?
I have an extra. I’m in Tampa.

The shorty is on my ‘09 R3T and the tall touring windscreen with the BMW-style vents is available, too.

Both have all of the hardware

PM me for details.

Back