"40 MPH to 0 MPH in six inches hurts."

So BanjoBart, what did the "stopping"? A tree, a vehicle, fencepost, elephant, or what? I just what to know what to stear clear of when I'm in a "gravel induced" slide.

Glad to hear you will ride another day. I had one of those days years ago. I arrived in the middle of an intersection just before the car to my right. When we met, the car bumper crushed my foot against the engine casing, the car hood met my rib cage rather abruptly, as well as my elbow. Result: broken ribs, collapsed lung/liver/kidney, broken ankle, crushed heel, misc bruises & abrasions. Intensive care for 2 weeks. Riding buddys bike with a cast on my leg about 2 months later. Progressed to the Rocket over the years & am glad I did not "give up the ship". Riding is extremely pleasing.

Keep your spirits up Bart & rally soon. See ya.

When I ran out of road the bike stopped dead when it hit the soft dirt shoulder. I sailed over the bars taking off the windshield. I stopped dead when I hit the soft dirt of the shoulder.

Sorry about the breakes Banjoman,ouch and then some.I'm not going to say anything about roadwork as we have more than our share here in the heart of hurricane alley on the gulf coast.Can't say my meetings with pavment have been as intensive,and wish you a speedy recovery.

something final about that...

BanjoBart said:
When I ran out of road the bike stopped dead when it hit the soft dirt shoulder. I sailed over the bars taking off the windshield. I stopped dead when I hit the soft dirt of the shoulder.

Bart:

You didn't stop "dead". You stopped abruptly. The bike stopped "dead". You aren't. Kinda like "crash" bars are really tip over bars. I have to not let your sister read this forum. :D

Soon she'll have her own password something like "Sidecar Amy"...

I believe that next weekend or the weekend thereafter, I'm going to go to Middlefield to visit Carol. Maybe you should go with me and you two can tell each other war stories while Ed and I discuss bikes. Two soldiers down this year.

Last edited:
Back