Osiyo! Greetings from Oklahoma City!

Niii---Ice Bike!!
Welcome from Utah. First thing I did was add a Tachometer and a set of Handle bar risers. (I'm 5' 9" and used to not laying across the tank, so I had to get those risers.)
As you mentioned the Tourings are de-tuned and they do not have the same power as the Roadsters and Classics. BUT you can reprogram the ECU to get the full power back. (Use TuneECU and one of a few dozen proven maps that will depend on your addons). You will learn that as you look around on here. I waited about a year before messing with that.
But like others say ride it for a bit and get the feel.
Glad you found the forum, It has been a life saver for me. :)

Another welcome from western Washington. I wouldn't worry about your 08. There were some issues but every make has them.

On the manuals, I bought a brand new hard copy factory shop manual on ebay. I just checked and didn't find one but they pop up once in awhile.

What a warm welcome from everybody! I feel like I’m among friends. So many welcomes I hesitate to respond to all of them with more than a “like” for fear of running the page count on the thread through the roof. All of you should know it isn’t unnoticed or unappreciated.
Navigator, Fingers steered me to idk who has some great links in his signature, one of the is a link to the manual which is here- http://www.piano-person.com/r3docs/Service_Manual_R3S_C_T.pdf . You can download it and have a digital copy for your your phone or other device.
Starmanut, the TuneEcu link was just what I needed, thank you.
sonny & rocketjohn you guys feel like fast friends.
EasttexrIII and Mexican, you guys are close enough to ride with, we need to talk more for sure, I’ve got family in Tulsa and Tyler both I visit regularly.
Sitjwin you were the first to make me feel at home.
The rest of you guys...like I said, the hospitality didn’t go unnoticed, Thanks!

What a warm welcome from everybody! I feel like I’m among friends. So many welcomes I hesitate to respond to all of them with more than a “like” for fear of running the page count on the thread through the roof. All of you should know it isn’t unnoticed or unappreciated.
Navigator, Fingers steered me to idk who has some great links in his signature, one of the is a link to the manual which is here- http://www.piano-person.com/r3docs/Service_Manual_R3S_C_T.pdf . You can download it and have a digital copy for your your phone or other device.
Starmanut, the TuneEcu link was just what I needed, thank you.
sonny & rocketjohn you guys feel like fast friends.
EasttexrIII and Mexican, you guys are close enough to ride with, we need to talk more for sure, I’ve got family in Tulsa and Tyler both I visit regularly.
Sitjwin you were the first to make me feel at home.
The rest of you guys...like I said, the hospitality didn’t go unnoticed, Thanks!
If you think this is a friendly bunch,,just wait till you attend your first RAA, and meet @scot in exile , you may change your mind:D:D:D

Back