Tacos

I remember Jamie. The hot rod dirt was the Pursang and the bondocker was the Matador,,All u had to do was change the head and barrel and you had a different bike..Cool Jack

Ok I have ridden some of the classics too. A bunch of us played in the dirt, Pentons, Zundapp, Maico, nothing splashy for me just a 125 Suzuki.

Jack, that took me way back to when....

Jack:

I did, somehow. The server on this site sometimes acts weird. It must have had a weird moment. I'm into your picture. Takes me back to my youth, shoulder length hair and playing motocross in the gravel pits in Lorain, Ohio on my 400 Husky CR. That was too much bike for me so I graduated to a 250 Penton (KTM) ISDT bike. That was absolutely the best fire road bike I ever owned. Dislocated my hand jumping fire breaks in the Allegheny National Forest near Warren, Pa. Had to ride out, I was alone being stupid. I soaked the sucker in a cold mountain spring until it got numb and put it back in place with my left hand....I can't relate how bad it hurt.....no one hears you scream in the woods except the trees...

Now that I'm much older (probably no wiser), I have arthritis in that hand. When it hurts I just reckon back to the forest, the bike and my stupidity and continue on.

I immediately realized it was a Polaroid. That's all we had back then, well we had Kodak Brownies too. Remember the 125 roll film and dad's 8 mm movies?

Sometimes I wish I could do it all over again without the mistakes and blunders we all make on the road of life but I'll just have to take it as it is and enjoy the rest of the time that God has allowed me on this earth.

remembering

This takes me back to my first 'real' bike, a brand new '66 305 SuperHawk. Back then it would stay with most of the older models, AJ's, Zundapps, etc. One day at a light, a Bultaco of about 200cc's pulled up beside me and challenged a race. I thought mine, being a 100cc's more, would spank him good..... all I saw was tail lights and blue smoke.

One of my favorite things to do on that '66 was to pull up at a light next to a Triumph, Indian or HD and kill the engine with the handlebar switch. Almost every time the biker next to me would be waiting for me to kick start the motor. When the light turned green, I'd hit the starter button and take off. It amazed them and at the next light they would start asking all kinds of questions about "modern electric starters" on bikes. Some would say you weren't a "real biker" because of the modern system. Some would want it for their ride.

Ah, memories! :roll:

Darron

Had a 305 scrambler but dam If I can remember what year.Had washers In the tail pipes so you could flip from loud to low..I remember that thing turning almost 13000 rpm..Used to chase fox and rabbits on it till I hit an irragtion ditch at about 40 mph..Shoulder turned green,blue,purple,black..and the friken fox got away..Ha Ah Ha Wasent funny then...Jack

Busajack

I remember a friend who had a 305 like mine who would go into a bar and say, "just bought a new bike. Turns about 9 thousand rpm, (it was red lined at 9.5k). Bet, I can go out to the bike, start it, rev it up to 9 grand and hold it there for 15 seconds with out it "blowing up". This was unheard of back then. Money, usually 20's would be given to the bartender for safe keeping and he'd cover all bets and then he'd go to the bike do just that. Start it up and hold it at 9K for 15 seconds and collect the bet. Many were amazed, most were mad at losing their money, though.

Back