Not sure if this is a warning of a problem on the horizon...

TEXenvy

.020 Over
Ride
2005 Rocket
2005 with 65k miles
I am experiencing a first gear issue. The bike doesn't easily go into 1st gear, I need to intentionally give a good jab on the shifter and it goes in no problem, even at start up. While rolling I will hear a slight chatter if I try to lightly put it in first. Any ideas??

Idk, but neutral to first at rest is notoriously difficult on these bikes. I've always double clutched when it doesn't want to go in, and if it doesn't you'll know when it pops back into neutral as you take off.

mostly mine goes in with a big clunk and sometimes smooth as silk
when smooth i usually double check to make sure it went in if it don't go in it will let u know
like going around a corner and it pops out because u did not get it into 1st. real handful to straighten it back up and hit 1st again

Could be clutch adjustment, if clutch isn't coming all the way out.

even though mine is adjusted correct and i have it one #1 position i think the clutches may still be grabbing a little with the lever all the closed but it has been like that for a long long time.

Mine got a little better with clutch adjustment, but it's definitely a known thing with Rocket transmissions

Back