Unregistereduser

Standard Bore
I have had the pleasure of crawling around on a Honda C90 throughout the winter. A great little bike I can see why people in the 3rd world carry all their families and livestock on them at the same time. Now I know I have become completely invisible to other motorcyclis whilt on the Honda, they look the opposite way with embarrassment. Now the first shafts of Spring sunlight have started to peep through I have dragged the Rocket out and have been pottering around at C90 speeds to get my eye in. Suddenly other motocyclists have started to suddenly see me again now the C90 cloaking device has been removed. Most nod smile or scowl as we pass. My point is what is the problem with Hogly Dawson riders in their coporate matching black and orange jackets and their I'm an individual look at my matching chaps outfits. They either completety ignore other bikes or just look at you as though you have just fallen out of the dogs arse. A strange breed indeed. Who gives a stuff what it says on the tank as long as its got 2 wheels and an engine?

My point is what is the problem with Hogly Dawson riders in their coporate matching black and orange jackets and their I'm an individual look at my matching chaps outfits.

The evil dark lords of Harvey Dangleson design the bikes to vibrate at a specific brain numbing level that causes the delusion that being a cookie cutter copy of every other cookie cutter biker is a marvelous expression of their individual [lack] of style and taste!:D

There is a blurb in the latest issue of Cycle World about the how Honda produced the 50 millionth Super Cub. The next closest vehicle was the VW Beetle at 21 million. So you are riding a variant of the most popular motorcycle in the world. And with an average of 168.3 miles per gallon I might have to get one myself.

I've given up on why some people wave and some don't. You have to realize that some people may be in the middle of a turn or applying the brakes or whatever and can't take their hands off of the handle bars to wave at you at that particular moment. I just try to wave at everyone. At least around here I think the Harley guys are actually getting better about it, I think that there are more wannabe harley bikers now and those guys will actually wave at you. I see fewer of the hardcore "real" bikers that snub you... maybe the FBI has picked most of them up..

They made so many of those Honda 50s and 90s there really should be one in every other garage on your street. Where in the heck did they all go? I haven't seen a step through Honda 50 in a long time..

I thought mine was bigger?

It was K.U. in 1964 when I got a chance to ride my first motorized dually. My roomate has a friend at the Honda dealership in Lawrence and we get a 90 and CB160 for a couple of weeks. Even in those younger years I was 6'4" and 235 so putting me on the 90 had pedestrians passing me. A lot of pleading got me onto the CB160 and I thought I'd died and gone to heaven.........until a guy on a BSA Rocket pulled up next to me at the light. I immediately drove back to the apartment with my tail between my legs and vowed to ride the rocket. One year later I was in heaven again and then Uncle Sam called for 4 years and I had to sell it. Sure is nice squeezing the knees around another Rocket some 40 years later. It was worth the wait.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW........What A Ride!

Last edited:
They made so many of those Honda 50s and 90s there really should be one in every other garage on your street. Where in the heck did they all go? I haven't seen a step through Honda 50 in a long time..

I used to take to the dusty trails on a step thru 50 when I was a kid. Wasn't very cool looking, but was a lot of fun anyway!

Also had an old English [I think?] made scooter of some kind. Had a regular clutch and three speed trans. Would do about 50 mph downhill on the dirt roads. I wish I still had it, or at least could remember who made it! [My forgetter is getting better and better!:confused: ]

**** Tomo, your green writing has infected my post! Should I go see a doctor?

Last edited:
Funny you should ask that... the doctor just called and he said there is no cure for the green stuff, or the blue...

Back