Yeah, they're great fun. I had 2, first one totaled at Mid Ohio. Luckily I wasn't driving at the time. A friend and I also had a Comp Coupe that we raced in SCCA and NASA series. Entered in a couple of World Challenge races and were thoroughly trounced by those high dollar teams. We did have fun though.

I am a amateur compared with your experience.. My car was a fun sometimes daily driver...it was very reliable and scared the crap out of me many times. It was a much better car than I was a driver. Great experience. Maybe I will have another some day if I’m lucky. I think I had it around 145mph several times... it was very stable.
Mark

I am a amateur compared with your experience.. My car was a fun sometimes daily driver...it was very reliable and scared the crap out of me many times. It was a much better car than I was a driver. Great experience. Maybe I will have another some day if I’m lucky. I think I had it around 145mph several times... it was very stable.
Mark

Not really. The majority of my time was in the pits. My business partner and I ran a small (2 person) company that rented Vipers at tracks around the country. He was an accomplished driver. He won the NASA national championship one year. In the race car my time behind the wheel mostly consisted of driving to the gas pumps and back.

Here's a shot of the cars we had at one time. Mine was the yellow one, his the blue. And of course the copper one is the Comp Coupe.

The Trio.jpg

Not really. The majority of my time was in the pits. My business partner and I ran a small (2 person) company that rented Vipers at tracks around the country. He was an accomplished driver. He won the NASA national championship one year. In the race car my time behind the wheel mostly consisted of driving to the gas pumps and back.

Here's a shot of the cars we had at one time. Mine was the yellow one, his the blue. And of course the copper one is the Comp Coupe.

The Trio.jpg
Beautiful cars....

Back