My broken cam...

Rumbleboomer

Shop rat
Ride
07 R3 Classic 14 R3t 01 Triumph Tiger
Some of you guys may remember last year I had issues with my '07 classic which resulted in a broken exhaust cam.
I hate to admit the cause of the problem but it may help someone so I will. This bike was basically new to me with 50k on it when this happened. I removed the oil tank and a small screw which
was lying behind the oil tank fell into the oil feed. I didn't see this happen, and plugged the oil ports and eventually put it back together. So with the oil flow partially restricted, the oil warning
light flickered which puzzled me but I could see oil circulating in the oil tank and eventually the warning light went out. So not getting good oil flow upstairs caused the cams to gall on the head.
The next chapter goes like this, this summer ( I have another rocket to ride) I bought an engine/trans unit off eBay for an '08 classic for $1500 + shipping, about $1750.
Yes I know, taking a chance. so I put it back together, It runs much quieter than the other and the trans is much tighter. Lose some, win some. I got the engine from a place in Michigan,
called Premier auto & truck parts, they evidently part out insurance totals and sell parts for rockets. So be aware, things hide behind that oil tank, and if they fall into the oil feed you won't see
them unless you look down there with a flashlight. The next move is to install tune # 20228, any advice on that would be appreciated,

See if this is any good for you

Attachments

• 20228goodbase free flow ex Cat delete Ramair anti decel pop plus EXTRA5.hex
    179.9 KB · Views: 22
Back