Motorcycle Consumer News

Just received a letter stating that my last issue was my last issue, the company has been dissolved. Cycle mags are dropping like flies. Only one left is CycleWorld. What a shame. Also Autoweek bit the dust. who would of thought.

I imagine you had a subscription? Did you lose the balance of it??

That would be Motorcycle Consumer News and to stay objective they had to.
Plenty of ads they could have run while still being neutral. tee-shirts, polish, wax, jackets , etc etc not sure if it would have kept them in business but every little bit helps:confused: and as proven if you do not change with the times then you get left behind.

I'd guess that the lack of ads wasn't what did MCN in. There's no shortage of ad supported magazines going out of print. Its not the lack of ads, its the lack of subscribers.

I'd guess that the lack of ads wasn't what did MCN in. There's no shortage of ad supported magazines going out of print. Its not the lack of ads, its the lack of subscribers.
Combination of factors and as you said lack of subscribers, in fact when was the last time anyone saw someone under 30 with a newspaper???????

Combination of factors and as you said lack of subscribers, in fact when was the last time anyone saw someone under 30 with a newspaper???????

I've lived in the same house for over 30 years. Used to be when I walked my dog in the morning every driveway had a newspaper. These days, virtually none. I still get the WSJ delivered, but I cancelled the local paper years ago. The Opinion pages bled into the news pages and I didn't really care to continue supporting their editorial positions.

Buffalo had 2 newspapers, the Courrier Express, Republican, and the better paper, and the Buffalo News, Democrat leaning. The Courrier went under, and the Buffalo News became full blown leftist, and I finally stopped buying it, even the headlines were slanted

Back