Magnumtuning vs dynojet product

I have a 2017 roadster and use TuneECU on it.

Rick
In a perfect world there would be a dyno and a trusted tuner in the area I could work with, have not found one yet but still looking.

Yep, and actually could be dangerous to you your bike and wallet.
A big concern of mine is the bike running too lean.

What I have done so far is...

Make a copy of the original tune.

Really study the manual for TuneECU to learn what can be modified, where to modify it and what effect to expect.

Study the different tunes available for a similarly setup bike and use the compare feature of TuneECU to see what the tuner changed / left alone and try to understand why.

I then installed a wideband O2 sensor and data logger to monitor the AFR, MAP, TP, RPM, etc. Perhaps not a perfect solution but gives valuable information as to what is going on.
Might add exhaust temperature readings for the individual cylinders.

Ride and then study the logs and make tiny changes where necessary, only change one thing at a time and test ride again. Going to take a long time.

IMHO being able to adjust the timing as well as the fuel is far superior to fuel alone.

There have been some surprises the first is when I turned the O2 sensor off with TuneECU the cruise AFR went from mid 14 range to mid 12 range. Fail safe for O2 sensor failure? Would run fine like that but not great for fuel mileage. Without some way to monitor would not know what was going on.

Rick

So it's just a question of my mechanic understanding TuneECU software rather than the possibility that Triumph managed to lock access to the ECU on 2017 models?

That is great news. So to prepare I need to purchase a cable and determine the OS I will be using. Can you share what you use for both? Also a couple questions you may have the answer to:

1) Is the Android version fully functional?
2) If I can save the map file from my bike I've proven my "tools" are working and then simply need to know how to use them and get a good map loaded.

Back