Magnumtuning vs dynojet product

late2ride

Rocket roadster playing as a tractor
Ride
2017 Rocket iii Roadster
I've heard a lot of posts about Dynojet PCV and just stumbled on to magnumtuning product line. Does anyone have experience with it? It's cheaper and they are from Florida which is where I winter and can visit the place. Planning on making a purchase to compensate for stock ECU once my headers and supercharger arrive this fall. BTW: TTS Performance (Richard) informed me TuneECU will not work on 2017 Roadster as it's locked out by Triumph. A mechanic at my local dealer where I purchased the bike (National PowerSports) said he had no idea about getting a lockout code to allow TuneECU access for mapping changes.

I've heard a lot of posts about Dynojet PCV and just stumbled on to magnumtuning product line. Does anyone have experience with it? It's cheaper and they are from Florida which is where I winter and can visit the place. Planning on making a purchase to compensate for stock ECU once my headers and supercharger arrive this fall. BTW: TTS Performance (Richard) informed me TuneECU will not work on 2017 Roadster as it's locked out by Triumph. A mechanic at my local dealer where I purchased the bike (National PowerSports) said he had no idea about getting a lockout code to allow TuneECU access for mapping changes.

Funny I've been riding around on a supercharged Roadster with 2017 ECU... 9000rpm Tuneboy map in it...

Does your local dealer mechanic have the Triumph software?

I have a 2017 roadster and use TuneECU on it.

Rick

1st, as mentioned before, you dont need to "unlock" the ecu.

What I can say with certainty is with the mods you intend to do id not stray off the path paved by others. That is unless you want to be a pioneer with new equipment. You have excellent resources here with lots of experience to offer assistance if you need it. But id think of you have issues with unfamiliar equipment, you may be on your own to find a remedy.

I have a 2017 roadster and use TuneECU on it.

Rick

That is great news. If we can use TuneECU I could put the saved $$ towards other toys. Did you use a map from the site && make modifications to it? Both fuel and ignition?

Did you use a map from the site && make modifications to it? Both fuel and ignition?
May I crave a boon?.

PLEASE read some of the many many threads on tuning on this site. Slotting somebody else's tune in and tweaking without a way to MONITOR the effects (seat of pants does not count - sorry) is less than recommendable. A map developed on a bike that is stripped back and used for thrashing about may NOT suit you if you ride with a large screen and sidecases.

Yes! - there are some recommended tunes that have been developed by some gifted individuals including the R3 "Iluminati" Dyno-Gods - but you need to know if your bike suits their tune. And whether you ride like they do. I have tried many "tunes". Sure some have been better here or there - but never 100%.

I, with some heavy guidance, am currently retuning mine. The Seat of Pants measure says little difference in power - Wallet says reduced fuel consumption. Bad back says MUCH smoother. But I can pretty much guaranty that my tune will be of little use to anybody else - certainly not yet.

That is great news. If we can use TuneECU I could put the saved $$ towards other toys. Did you use a map from the site && make modifications to it? Both fuel and ignition?
In a perfect world there would be a dyno and a trusted tuner in the area I could work with, have not found one yet but still looking.

Slotting somebody else's tune in and tweaking without a way to MONITOR the effects (seat of pants does not count - sorry) is less than recommendable.
Yep, and actually could be dangerous to you your bike and wallet.
A big concern of mine is the bike running too lean.

What I have done so far is...

Make a copy of the original tune.

Really study the manual for TuneECU to learn what can be modified, where to modify it and what effect to expect.

Study the different tunes available for a similarly setup bike and use the compare feature of TuneECU to see what the tuner changed / left alone and try to understand why.

I then installed a wideband O2 sensor and data logger to monitor the AFR, MAP, TP, RPM, etc. Perhaps not a perfect solution but gives valuable information as to what is going on.
Might add exhaust temperature readings for the individual cylinders.

Ride and then study the logs and make tiny changes where necessary, only change one thing at a time and test ride again. Going to take a long time.

IMHO being able to adjust the timing as well as the fuel is far superior to fuel alone.

There have been some surprises the first is when I turned the O2 sensor off with TuneECU the cruise AFR went from mid 14 range to mid 12 range. Fail safe for O2 sensor failure? Would run fine like that but not great for fuel mileage. Without some way to monitor would not know what was going on.

Rick

Back