Rocket3Pilot

Supercharged
Ride
2013 Rocket III Roadster
I have not seen much on this forum regarding Motoport Kevlar? I wear it and really like it. Luckily, I can't attest to its effectiveness for protection yet, but I can say that it is way more comfortable than leather. The entire suit is made with a broad weave of Kevlar thread kind of like the weave in a fish filet safety glove. It is a little bulky and not as cool looking as leather but believe me, it is way way cooler to wear than any kind of leather. In fact, on really hot days, it acts kind of like an evaporative wicking system as the air passes through the weave?
The biggest drawback is price. The pants and jacket are around $600 each if you get the liners which I recommend. With the liners in it is very comfortable to me down in the 40's.

Here's a pretty good review on youtube:

Here's their website:Motoport USA | Custom Motorcycle Apparel

These suits are custom made to fit each person and the customer service is unsurpassed IMHO. They will help you get all the measurements, decide on add ons and trim etc. They have an amazing guarantee for their Kevlar stuff. If you go down and damage a particular part they will replace that panel and or stitching. Try that with leather?

The only thing I can say negative at all is that they do sell other types of suits on their website that are made of Cordura and lesser materials and yet have the same Moto port logo. It's kind of confusing and I really don't understand this as a business model? Just be aware that if it isn't Kevlar, it will not protect you as it will melt with friction like most other man made materials.

I bought this suit for myself and my son and would do it again in a heartbeat. If you are considering a new suit for protection I highly recommend their Kevlar. I actually enjoy riding way more now having the confidence that I could survive a get-off at considerable speed.
IMG_0100.JPG

I spent a lot of time drooling over this stuff on the web site, but can't afford it just yet.
How does the full suit feel in hot, 90+ degree weather?

Can you wear just tighty-whiteys under the pants, especially the grey mesh, and not be exposed, as it were?

I spent a lot of time drooling over this stuff on the web site, but can't afford it just yet.
How does the full suit feel in hot, 90+ degree weather?

Can you wear just tighty-whiteys under the pants, especially the grey mesh, and not be exposed, as it were?

Sitting still at 90+ is warm but the instant you move, even 1st gear it wicks right out of it. I got stuck in Manhattan on Canal street one night last summer 104 coming out of the tunnel, took 45 minutes to cross lower Manhattan stop and go. It was a very long 45 minutes but I can't fault the suit. I didn't even unzip it because there was no relief to be found with 104 degree air. Moving is the only solution to that.

I wear jeans under the pants, but I suppose you could wear shorts? My sons' suit is a tad warmer in direct sun as it's black vs mine which is gray.

I know it's high dollar stuff but man is it worth it!

Halvarssons in Sweden made some Aramid only suits - the UK police adopted them. But sales have plummeted and afaik you can no longer buy it - except maybe old stock.

I would be interested to know how well they are thermally isolated. ime of Strong Sun on Aramid - it gets hot and passes the heat inside. Leather does not.
I have seen reports from folk who have had slides in Kevlar - they get quite severe burns - The Kevlar does not rip but all that friction generates heat.

This in no way is a critique of Aramid - it has it's place - like GoreTex.

Halvarssons in Sweden made some Aramid only suits - the UK police adopted them. But sales have plummeted and afaik you can no longer buy it - except maybe old stock.

I would be interested to know how well they are thermally isolated. ime of Strong Sun on Aramid - it gets hot and passes the heat inside. Leather does not.
I have seen reports from folk who have had slides in Kevlar - they get quite severe burns - The Kevlar does not rip but all that friction generates heat.

On that note, I have had the pleasure of going down doing around 70-75 MPH (black ice "puddle" on the highway) and sliding way better than 100 feet on the pavement, not ice. Leathers saved my worthless hide for sure, so I'm a believer in good leathers. No, I'm not knocking Kevlar. Just say'n leather is tried and true, for me.

I have seen reports of different types of fabric suits melting from friction and causing severe burns but not any made of Kevlar. Maybe some more folks will post some testimonials?

Likey the style, but it do look hot for a ride in the 85 to 95 temps.
Here is the test - DO any of our Texas, Louisiana or Florida riders use this???

I like the looks of the suits but can you tell me if it has armor? Would be looking for elbow, shoulder, back, knees, and hips.

I like the looks of the suits but can you tell me if it has armor? Would be looking for elbow, shoulder, back, knees, and hips.
Yes, the entire suit has removable armor. You can also specify the type of armor you want. Mine has shoulder, back, chest, hip, knee, shin, and butt.

Back