Iridium plugs

Muff

Mr Diver
Ride
08 Rocket 3 Tourer
Hi all, now I have installed HansO's program and the bike goes hard but I still have the coughing and spluttering at cruise(not at mind warping speed).
Now I have been racking my brain to when this started, and it was not long after fitting the new plugs (yes I do know we don't need them), and I am about to go back to the good old bush mechanics...... a spark plug will tell you all! Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Also I will be going through all my plug connection just to be sure there's no corrosion on the pins.
Shinny side up,
Muff

Hi all, now I have installed HansO's program and the bike goes hard but I still have the coughing and spluttering at cruise(not at mind warping speed).
Now I have been racking my brain to when this started, and it was not long after fitting the new plugs (yes I do know we don't need them), and I am about to go back to the good old bush mechanics...... a spark plug will tell you all! Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Also I will be going through all my plug connection just to be sure there's no corrosion on the pins.
Shinny side up,
Muff
Got the same thing Muff when cruising and going down the box next time I open the throttle she has a back fire through the intake sometimes pretty big so much so when I get home I check the ramair is still intact and in place.... if you find a cause / fix let me know

Got the same thing Muff when cruising and going down the box next time I open the throttle she has a back fire through the intake sometimes pretty big so much so when I get home I check the ramair is still intact and in place.... if you find a cause / fix let me know
Will do!!! Just seems funny that there are no codes, triumph scratches their head and the only two things I've done is replaced the iridium plugs with the same and put a new after market HP fuel pump???
Not giving up on her yet!!!!

Make sure the plug wire ends are all the way down and securely on the plug. I had changed the plugs last spring (I used Iridium plugs) and I experienced a similiar miss at high RPM. I had not pushed three of the plugs wires down securely. I corrected the plug wire issue and the miss went away. You really need to push the plug wire down hard and make sure you feel it snap onto the plug end. If you need to, use the handle end of a small screwdriver to push them down.

Back to basics...but as to looking at the plug color, pulling a plug after hard running, will show what the plug is going through at that speed and load. If you have low speed issue, ride around at low speed a while, and then check the plugs. Also, since new plugs have been installed, check that you didn't crack the insulator, which would cause misfire, and would be most noticeable at low speed. Make sure the plug wires are seated on the plug properly. Deep well plugs often don't have their wires pushed all the way down.

Thank you both for your input. I will indeed check this out and I have just ordered a set of standard plugs(triumph and what I've read here states that you don't need the flash plugs). Triumph told me to only use them if I was constantly doing 7k around a race track?!!!!

I hope you've read the following posts?

Well spent the day checking everything out, plugs were good but #1plug lead was sitting proud.... checked all the electrical connections and the ecu plugs, reinstalled HansO's program, reset the throttle bodies to read 580, set the throttle to nearly match the opposite voltage and then did the ecu reset....
Well, it goes even harder(like a 15 yr old on prom night), I still get the occasional throttle back fire but very minor, and no spluttering at cruise..... big test is tomorrow when I done on the colours and ride with my brothers.
Thanks again for your input and I hope this info might help others
Muff

Back