How far over is over?

anhouck

.040 Over
Washing the grime off a 3 day, 880 mile "stay-cation" (a ride through, over and around Colorado for us) discovered a mar on the lower of the two pipes.

Am happy when I scrape the nubs on the foot pegs through a turn but this mar is a bit more. Can't think where I rubbed up against something and wife tells me I was over pretty far through the twisties coming down west side of Independence pass (her behind me on the HD 1200 low). Did it somewhere on the ride through plenty of twisties:

How Far.JPG

Route is a good one if your ever looking for a Colorado loop:
Google Maps

Then click on "Include large map"

Last edited:
I don't scrape "heroblobs"; but I can tell you, some real Captains certainly do. I've not heard of pipes on a Standard scraping. I suspect a parking accident:D Perhaps there was a bit of debris in the twisties?

Where s the rash. The lower left and lower right dangle the same. Maybe you favor backing the beast into diagonal parking:D

Last edited:
Bottom left of center - if click to enlarge - I "ovalled" it. Pretty careful with the beast. Maybe something kicked up. Knobs are half gone on both sides.

Bottom left of center - if click to enlarge - I "ovalled" it....
You backed her over a concrete rock. Without a picture, that is my first impression:D Could have been Pelosi's head you ran over...she's not using it:D It's certainly telling that her most imprortant concern is whether she is trusted; down to below 30% and for third in line...that's sorry.

At the same time and other the higher note: My Rocket III has always exceeded my expectations. Though I reserve the heroblobs for the next generation owner.

Your photos:

Last edited:
Yes they will touch down in the twisties , as will the frame where the centre stand would go , wore a nice flat on my pipe , untill I fitted the jardines which were higher .

On my Standard with stock pipes, the floorboards scrape first then when they are worn down enough, the exhaust heatshield scrapes and is very loud. If you have no scrapes on the heatshield I would suspect something other than leaning too far over.

Back