Ron

Air Cav!
Ride
2013 Rocket III Touring
Has anybody installed an air horn to their R3T? I HATE the little beep beep horn that comes stock! How difficult is such an installation? I would like to install a Farbin 12 Volt 150Db horn. Thanks for any information!

I simply replaced the OEM with a single horn from a dual car horn setup. Direct replacement. Not as cool as want you plan to do though.

You will need to add a relay and trigger it with the OEM wiring then additional wire from the battery to the relay then from the relay to the horn. Keep in mind that the OEM horn switch is switching the negative not the positive!

You will need to add a relay and trigger it with the OEM wiring then additional wire from the battery to the relay then from the relay to the horn. Keep in mind that the OEM horn switch is switching the negative not the positive!
23E974A0-CAD7-4A95-B792-1B21235C49BC.jpeg

If you're looking for a large trumpet style air horn, there is a thread on here somewhere where it was placed under the oil tank. I will do some searching and see if I can find it. A lot of use a Steibel horn (or something similar). I mounted the horn in the stck location and the compressor under the left side panel where the charcoal cannister used to be.

I installed a Stebel Nautilus at 139dB in the stock location, adding a relay as described above, as seen here...
-MIG

Attachments

• DSC_0936.JPG-F.jpg
    DSC_0936.JPG-F.jpg
    335.1 KB · Views: 38
Here it is. 18" air horn.

Has anybody installed an air horn to their R3T? I HATE the little beep beep horn that comes stock! How difficult is such an installation? I would like to install a Farbin 12 Volt 150Db horn. Thanks for any information!
This gets them outa the way 😁👌

Attachments

• 20201105_152529.jpg
    20201105_152529.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 32
Back