WELCOME! from Tucson to our R3 Family Forum... The key with an R3 is she's a heavy beast (I'm on a '14 R3T) and will quickly let you know if your slow maneuvers and/or stopping are not spot on. As mentioned, once she's above 10mph she handles like any other bike... and is a dream. Like any new ride, take it slow at first and learn how she responds... and then prepare for your new Perma-Grin :p :cool:
-MIG

the bike can be half way over u let off throttle and u r down
the bike can be half way over u give it throttle and u r up
take your choice

Th
Hello @Jeevan and welcome from Virginia.

The good news is you are looking at the smaller version of the R3. As with any new bike, I suggest you ride it a lot in a parking lot and get ot know it slow speed manners first. Practice emergency braking.

If it doesn't have any tip over protection, i.e. engine bars, look into getting these. It makes picking the bike up much easier and of course protects other parts that may get damaged when the bike is dropped.

Enjoy the ride for your first few jaunts out and about before you start exercising its muscle.

Enjoy the new feeling, it is far different than your nimble Ninja, but it is great no matter in the twisties.
Thank you. I will try to take it easy for few months till I get use to it.
As you said I will practice more in parking lots with low speed.
Is there anything else I should look after.

Hello @Jeevan and welcome from Virginia.

The good news is you are looking at the smaller version of the R3. As with any new bike, I suggest you ride it a lot in a parking lot and get ot know it slow speed manners first. Practice emergency braking.

If it doesn't have any tip over protection, i.e. engine bars, look into getting these. It makes picking the bike up much easier and of course protects other parts that may get damaged when the bike is dropped.

Enjoy the ride for your first few jaunts out and about before you start exercising its muscle.

Enjoy the new feeling, it is far different than your nimble Ninja, but it is great no matter in the twisties.
Thank you 😊 I will practice more in parking lot. Till I feel comfortable

Back