Boog, yes that's what I was trying to say. I knew it Mc-Something.... LOL
Howdy Wayfairing man! Welcome from East Texas :cool:
Are you actually just a Poor Wayfaring Stranger?

No, @EasTexRIII I am not. It's a Masonic reference, and I use it on certain sites as it elicits a neat reaction from other brethren from around the world. I've been firmly planted in KS my entire life, though I've seenn a decent bit of the world courtesy of the United States Air Force over the last 20 years.

This was my last ride:
Bike 2.jpg

Welcome to the forum! Here you will find answers to everything you need about R3

Nice that Touring, that you enjoy it many kilometers

Greetings from Spain

Trumpet.jpg

This is the only picture right now. I'm buying it off of a friend and former supervisor on base. He let me ride it a year ago, and I was hooked. As soon as he gets it out of Biker's Edge in Wichita (yearly service, plus some weird electrical issue causing a random no-start/no-crank, after running for a bit) I'll take possession of it, hopefully in the next week or two. I grew up on dirtbikes and cruisers. I rode a lot of different sport bikes and standards in my 20's and early 30's, and a few adv bikes. I'll eventually add a V-twin (maybe a FTR1200) and I WILL have a boxer twin, but this bike hooked me. Another friend has a '12 R3 Roadster and it's a blast to ride, but with a fused L5-S1, and 3 other bulged discs, a comfortable riding position was a must, as I intend to rack up some miles on this bike, and want to start doing some actual touring. I eventually may add the Cruise Control from AUS (McCarr, McMaster?) but other than that, probably just an exhaust, intake and better tune.
Very good choice, mate. She's a beauty :thumbsup: And i know, cos i'm dating her twin sister :laugh:
Welcome from Rotterdam, Holland

So I brought it home yesterday. This was halfway home, stopped for breakfast with the boss in Derby. I forgot that it had a throttle lock on it, and either had the baffles removed, or other pipes put on, as it's far louder and throatier, than a stock bike. I'll have to ask my friend what was done, as that'll affect what tune I go with eventually.
Trumpet 2.jpg

Back