Hello from the Heart of Dixie

HeR3tic

Living Legend
from the Heart of Dixie hello to all,
I'm cruising quickly towards my first 500 mile check up on my first meaningful cycle in 35 years. I plan on the long route to work for awhile:rolleyes: I got my Cardinal Red and Phantom Black Tourer 3 days ago. There are several small upgrades already, engine guards (fore and aft) and accessories outlet, and a few in progress. I expect a Stebel Nautilus AirHorn and Tri-Star XP Turn.S./Stop.L. Converter in hand next week. Tail.L. Flasher and Head.L. Modulator; Chrome header caps and a gel seat pad* will follow. After that, possibly a head examination.

*any input for this tired butt
:bch:
HeR3tic

Welcome HeR3tic!!

It usually costs money to get you head examined... skip it and buy more goodies for your Rocket. It seems like everyone has some sort of vision or plan for their bike. I've been stumbling and bumbling around trying to get mine the way I like it, some things work for me and others don't.... its only money right?

Please join in, there is a lot to do and see around here, hopefully more than just Rocket talk (which ain't bad:D)

Tomo

Welcome HeR3tic. I believe you are one of our first members with the new touring model. How about a review or some pics? 500 miles in 3 days isn't shabby. I guess you are going to keep it?:D

Paint Conflict

Glad to have you join our every growing family. I think you're going to have some problems with the dual paint job. The Red part will be much faster and I hope that won't cause a conflict with the Black. Did they keep the engine black for '07?

Dixie's a big area. Hone in a little as to your location and maybe what you do to earn the money for more R3 "Bling"

Hey HeR3tic, I'd be courious as to how & where you will be mounting the Nautilus AirHorn. I'm in the process of getting mine installed. I took the brackets I made to have them powdercoated & will pick them up today. Just have to figure out the wiring connections & then, "LOOK OUT ALL YOU SILLY CAGE CELL PHONE USERS".

Welcome aboard the Rocket Ship Site. Keep us posted & try to provide some photos of the Crusier you possess.

See ya.

HeR3tic said:
from the Heart of Dixie hello to all,
I'm cruising quickly toward my first 500 mile check up on my first meaningful cycle in 35 years. I plan on the long route to work for awhile:rolleyes: I got my Cardinal Red and Phantom Black Tourer 3 days ago. There are several small upgrades already, engine guards (fore and aft) and accessories outlet, and a few in progress. I expect a Stebel Nautilus AirHorn and Tri-Star XP Turn.S./Stop.L. Converter in hand next week. Tail.L. Flasher and Head.L. Modulator; Chrome header caps and a gel seat pad* will follow. After that, possibly a head examination.

*any input for this tired butt
:bch:
HeR3tic

Welcome HeR3tic. You aren't even gunna wait for the paint to fully cure are you?:D I see where you're going with your accessory choices and for comforts sake on loooooong trips the gel seat may not be good enough. From personnel observation the larger the person the better they like the gel seat, but a custom job from Corbin is worth checking out. Some here have found a sheep skin pad to be a cheap way to add many miles.
My boney butt has yet to be comfortable after about 100 miles or so but then most bikes weren't designed for folks 6'4" +. My knees are so elevated that I can't take advantage of much "back of the leg support" which would reduce the pressure on my butt.

Back