Hello from San Diego CA.

Next thing you know, you will feel the urge to ride 2000 miles in 2 days to the Rockets Across America meetings, expect it, its coming,,,,,,

Hey and welcome aboard. Great bunch to chat with, and ride with.
We just got back from Arkansas, had a great time.
Ken

Welcome from Irvine brother...!
Just bought a used 2007 R3 about a month ago and loving it. Only complaint... the sound. Need to do something with the pipes.

i am very new to this forum although i have been lurking for a while. I have a new 2009(bought a few months ago from a dealer)that is going in for it's 500 mi.service(600 actually) tomorrow. I have had a '99 1200 trophy for probably 5 years now and love it. Well i just happened to go to the dealer for some parts and started looking at some of the newer triumphs out. The salesman was a little anxious to make his first sale and was rather aggressive. I was not in the market but just looking...anyone familiar with this situation? Well the salesman kept asking me for some info. So he could run my credit score. I told him i just bought my wife a car a few months back and i could assure him my credit was more than adequate for a purchase. So he went on about the t-bird i was looking at and a couple of other triumphs they had. I was eyeing this two tone r3 touring which i had looked at quite a while before before and the wouldn't let me test ride it. Anyway he said they would let this one go really cheap just to get it off the floor so i did finally let him run my credit report and it did come back as i had told him. He also mentioned that apparently i had been looking at the same bike 2.5 years earlier(no wonder they wanted to get rid of it) and had all of my information in their computer. The guy went off to check on a price then came back and said if i really was interested they would let it go for $10,500+ tax etc. That was it i didn't even try to haggle with him i said i'd take it and called he wife to tell her. So needless to say an hour later i rode out on my new bike, a two tone blue rocket.
Now i need some help, i went back a few weeks later with a coupon for 20% off they gave me and bought about $1,500 worth of chrome(and a sissy bar for the wife)and all i want to do is spend more money on several mods that many of you have done. Will somebody talk to me and tell me i don't need a set of jardines and the triple k&n filters...too late already bought those. I'm sick and cannot stop, is this normal around here? Please somebody help or at least let me know of some kind or twelve step program for my illness.
Thanks,

robert

welcome robert from good ole kentucky, horse capital of the world, ok ya need to think about the economy, an if it is really an extra you need, or is it that you feel you have to have it..... Just think about the money, ya never know if your gonna need extra for a hospital stay, a injury or , lose your job......just a little something for ya to think on!!!! But welcome from the captains an glad to have ya!!!!

You are afflicted with Rocket Fever. Unfortunately like most medical conditions it takes lots of money to cure it. You may want to read my book (shameless plug) to see how far gone you are. You'll see the wisdom of it in just a few pages.:D

I was going to Julian today but had a late start. Watched the Charger game instead. But I would love to go on a little ride in the very near future.
Robert

Back