Hello from San Diego CA.

rreidiii

.040 Over
I am very new to this forum although I have been lurking for a while. I have a new 2009(bought a few months ago from a dealer)that is going in for it's 500 mi.service(600 actually) tomorrow. I have had a '99 1200 Trophy for probably 5 years now and love it. Well I just happened to go to the dealer for some parts and started looking at some of the newer triumphs out. The salesman was a little anxious to make his first sale and was rather aggressive. I was not in the market but just looking...anyone familiar with this situation? Well the salesman kept asking me for some info. so he could run my credit score. I told him I just bought my wife a car a few months back and I could assure him my credit was more than adequate for a purchase. So he went on about the T-Bird I was looking at and a couple of other Triumphs they had. I was eyeing this two tone R3 Touring which I had looked at quite a while before before and the wouldn't let me test ride it. Anyway he said they would let this one go really cheap just to get it off the floor so I did finally let him run my credit report and it did come back as I had told him. He also mentioned that apparently I had been looking at the same bike 2.5 years earlier(no wonder they wanted to get rid of it) and had all of my information in their computer. The guy went off to check on a price then came back and said if I really was interested they would let it go for $10,500+ tax etc. That was it I didn't even try to haggle with him I said I'd take it and called he wife to tell her. So needless to say an hour later I rode out on my new bike, a two tone blue Rocket.
Now I need some help, I went back a few weeks later with a coupon for 20% off they gave me and bought about $1,500 worth of chrome(and a sissy bar for the wife)and all I want to do is spend more money on several mods that many of you have done. Will somebody talk to me and tell me I don't need a set of Jardines and the triple K&N filters...too late already bought those. I'm sick and cannot stop, is this normal around here? Please somebody help or at least let me know of some kind or twelve step program for my illness.
Thanks,

Robert

Im afraid there is no cure,,, the best advise i can give you is just hang around here, we are all infected and you will be safe with us:D
Welcome to the mad house!!
I used to live just south of you in Tijuana, that was when it was safe:D
Did i say Welcome??:D:D

Say Hello to DanDiego, he is your neighbor:cool:

Ah yes, spent many a weekend in Rosarito, Ensenada and yes T.J. mostly in a drunken stupor. I try to stay away from those border towns now I generally go into the interior of Mexico. I was in Huatulco a few weeks ago nice place but I think I would have rather gone to Oaxaca city but my wife likes the beach.

Sorry new friend, the disease is pretty much terminal. It just seems that there is always ooooone more item that I just HAVE TO HAVE! A specific shortage of funds is the only known cure....after the divorce of course.:D:eek::D

Ah yes, spent many a weekend in Rosarito, Ensenada and yes T.J. mostly in a drunken stupor. I try to stay away from those border towns now I generally go into the interior of Mexico. I was in Huatulco a few weeks ago nice place but I think I would have rather gone to Oaxaca city but my wife likes the beach.
My family used to live in Ensenada, i rode my bike from Anaheim to Ensenada every weekend back in the late 80s, i'm planning a ride from Tulsa to the Baja next year if things get better down there, i was going to ride from here to my hometown in Zacatecas but los zetas changed my mind, now on my vacation i go north instead of south:D
There are many mods you can do to your rocket if you got the funds, from mild to radical, depends on your budget, check out Skips triple headlight set up, my halo lights, Gwilliams stealth turbo etc etc, you gonna be entretained for looooong time around here:D:p

Welcome from Antioch over here on the other side of Cali, If you ever find yourself in this neck of the woods give me a holler the first rounds on me ;)

Jim

Thanks for the warm welcome. So it looks as there is no cure for this disease and I mentioned to my wife over dinner about maybe getting some new exhaust(we rode the bike to eat) and her comment was well you deserve it you work hard for your money. Ya I don't believe it either.

Thanks for the warm welcome. So it looks as there is no cure for this disease and I mentioned to my wife over dinner about maybe getting some new exhaust(we rode the bike to eat) and her comment was well you deserve it you work hard for your money. Ya I don't believe it either.
While this disease is terminal in males, it is treatable in it's early stages in females. You have just witnessed the first stage in your wife & no doubt filled with joy you will set out to please her & obey her wishes by adorning your bike with all the bling that you can muster, however in so doing you have unwittingly administered the cure for the disease in females. She will return to the darkside and leave you in this state of euphoria with the rocket & trying to understand what happened to that loving & understanding wife who used to want you to have all those things that you have supposedly earned, but is now seen as wasting cash that could be used in other more sensible ways, & who are you to argue? as you see your past life fade away leaving you with no other thought than your rocketIII & how you can personalise it, how to make it special, make it better. You my friend are doomed to everlasting rocketdome, be grateful your wife will return to normality and help you through life for the rest of time. "Abandon hope all ye who enter here":)

Back