Hello from NE Indiana!

Welcome from Coldwater, MI. My 2013 did not have ABS as most of the other bikes I have owned. I bought the bike knowing it didn't have ABS and figured I could live just fine without it. I did temporarily lock up the rear tire on a couple of occasions, but it was no big deal. I never got out of control in any way. Once I realized it was easy to do on that rear tire I never did it again. Most of your stopping power is in the front anyway and I have never locked a front tire on any bike. After my 2013 was rear ended by another biker and totaled this summer, I got my hands on a new 2015 and now have ABS. I like it most if I have to ride on a wet road, but I have yet to stop in such a manner it has come into play...and you will feel it when it kicks in.

It's all a matter of control and what you are use to on a bike. Would I have another Rocket without ABS...the answer is Yes. If your new to riding I would say you need it. On wet roads, I feel safer with it, but it would never be a deal breaker for me personally.

Back