Hakoy

Standard Bore
Hi guys,

I just joined the forum. I ride a black '06 Rocket 3 with TOR exhausts and 4.5k on the clock. It's good fun riding here in Lagos, but can be hairy at times with the sort of driving that goes on here. I ride with one of the motorcycle clubs here in Lagos, although most of the other members ride sports bikes. We now getting more cruisers in the club, and we starting to do seperate all cruiser rides. As the only R3 in Nigeria (at least as far as I know) she turns heads anywhere I go. Just got a set of Triumph leather panniers and can't wait for them to arrive from the UK. As there are no dealers in Nigeria, maintenance is a bit of a challenge, but fortunately, I haven't had any major problems so far; although I recently got the ignition switch problem which I'm still having to live with for now. The tips, ideas and info I have gotten on this forum have been immensely valuable and I'm really glad to be able to tap into your knowledge and experience. Nice one guys. Great to be here.

Hey, an African!! If you've got the only R3 in Nigeria I'd say it's a pretty save bet you're our only Nigerian member. Welcome from Australia, mate.

Welcome to the forum,
Since you're already experiencing the ignition problem,
you might want to go ahead and get the eastern beaver relay kit and install it,
Before she leaves you stranded somewhere you don't want to be.
It's fairly cheap and not only fixes the ignition problem,
but gives you added power to the lights for night riding.
Hope you have many, many happy miles on her.
If you bought her used, you didn't get her from a guy named Andy did you?
Haven't heard from him in awhile and he is from Africa and has or had a black Rocket..

Back