I'm 72 kilos and had no trouble picking mine up after I put it down the road but the adrenalin was pumping pretty well at the time.

Welcome from Downunder. There are 3 techniques.
1. Do it immediately and as quickly as you can while the adrenalin (from embarrassment) is still there.
2. Take your time and do it the way shown in the video.
3. Don't drop it.

If you're prepared to take your chances with the size of these things, your contrarian streak will mean a Rocket is the perfect machine for you.

Pardon my ignorance but what's your "beloved PC"?

Like TxRIIIRider, my last dump experience wasn't on a flat surface. In fact, I was trying to cross a downgrade on a grass surface at an angle rather than perpendicular and dumped the bike (the PC) over and had to lift it up at considerably more than 90 degrees. The PC weighs about 640 pounds wet.

Now, this is a PC: The Honda PC800
Honda Pacific Coast - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I bought it for purely practical reasons. It was the cheapest thing I could buy that already had panniers and a fairing. It also has a driveshaft and a reputation for going 100k miles and beyond.

But practicality gets old.

Thanks for the welcome, guys.

Here is my tip if you are really worried..
Fit a set of Front Crash Bars then if in the unlikely event of embarassment due to loose surface footing.. the Bike holds at about 45 degs.
You can get you hip under the tank and just lean on it and up she comes :D
Not that it's ever happend to me.. :eek: being 5' 10" - 88kg :)

Start Pumping Iron.. it's worth the effort ;)

Thankfully I haven't bounced down the asphalt since I was a kid but it can always happen again.. Saw a kid on a Gixxer go down just the other day. At least he was sitting up when I went by.

That was Palladino in the 2nd video, wasn't it? He's supposed to be really good. But all those videos were pretty straightforward.

Sweet,I appreciate the offer but TN is awful far away to call for an assist.

Never seen a PC800 before. Looks a bit like a Vespa shagged a Goldwing :roll eyes: (no disrespect intended). Totally understand the practicality argument, which is why I sometimes have saddle bags on mine. Rocket will be a big step up but the best tip is to respect it's size and power, not fear it.

Hello all.
:
If it falls over, can a normal-sized guy pick it up?

Define "normal size."

I've picked mine up a couple times, once in my shop when I forgot to put the kickstand down (hey I was tired as well as stupid). It came right up with the handlebars at left lock (right hand) and left hand under the seat. Just push with you legs and it stands right up. Then you can admire the new custom touches you added to your paint.:eek::mad:

Welcome to the site from Irvine Kentucky. Make sure you get the crash bars or motor guards it saves your radiator it also gives you a rocking point makes it easier to left, It seems like I have spent a lot of time on gravel very aggravating have had it laid down more times than I would like to remember :eek:

I have found you have to park smart when your riding a rocket. Things like don't nose into the kerb unless it's dead flat or uphill to the kerb It's near impossible to pull it back uphill while sitting on the bike

I think that's a good rule for any heavy bike. At least Goldwingers have a reverse!

As to normal-sized, I weigh about 190 pounds and stand about 5'9".

The guards sound like a wise investment.

Back