Hello everyone from Florida!

Ricky

.020 Over
Ride
2009 Rocket 3 Touring
Hi, My name is Ricky. I have been owned my 2009 R3T since new... Only have about 10,000 miles on it..I have had very few problems but lately been having intermittent issues with Starting it.. Want to replace the 12v 5 pin relays ..3 are located on LH side..not sure which one is for the starter..Regardless Do I have to buy these from Triumph or can I use any automotive Relay???

Oh yeah, thanks for the add and Have a great day!! Love this site, been reading lots of great threads...

Welcome!

Surprised noone has jumped in here yet. I'm not an expert by any means, but there is some issues with the early bikes having wires on the ignition switch become faulty. @DEcosse can probably shed more light.

Welcome!

Surprised noone has jumped in here yet. I'm not an expert by any means, but there is some issues with the early bikes having wires on the ignition switch become faulty. @DEcosse can probably shed more light.
Yes , thank you...I've been reading about that.. I need to pick up a repair manual...Im kinda lost.. haven't really worked on bikes much... Still trying to figure out how to lift the tank in order to get at it... Looking on line to get a manual... thx for your response!

Welcome from Florida Ricky.Look for @idk 's avatar you will can find a link to do2nload a manual.To lift the tank remove three screws holding the speedometer housing then unplug electrical connector or try swinging overthebars,then remove the two bolts at the front of the tank and raise the tank.There is a prop on the upper right-hand frame rail to hold the tank up.Where in FL.are you from?

Welcome Ricky from a UK Ricky.
To lift the tank undo the bolt at the front (on top) and she hinges up. There's a tank support rod clipped to the underside of the tank to use as a prop. Take care when you swing the tank up because I believe on some Rockets the gauges are in the way and have to be swung out the way first.
Hope that helps.

WELCOME to ya, Ricky from WA State.
No expert here, but sounds like perhsps a fried ignition switch to me.

Back