Harley-Davidson Bronx and Pan-America models delayed until 2021

MCN

Living Legend
Harley-Pan-America.jpg
Harley-Davidson have delayed the arrival of their Pan-America adventure bike and Bronx naked until 2021. The two models, which boast the brand new water-cooled revolution engine, were originally...

Continue reading...

It’s amazing to me that Harley is taking this long to release 2 bikes that are not ground breaking in any way .. The tech and engineering is already out there and has been done for decades.

Harley is an important manufacturer they have history and should thrive absolutely. But they piss me off at how they shoot themselves in the foot constantly. They release a beautiful looking bike but when you break it down you find such stupid decisions where made. Like a bike with halogen turn signals and an LED headlight.. why?

Their customer base has trained them to not be innovative or bleeding edge I get that but the tide has turned now and it’s time for them to innovate and do it well so they can stop being seen as fossils. I don’t think it does us as motorcyclists any good for Harley to cease to exist. Even though I would never buy another Harley at the current state of the union there. I do not wish for their failure.

I own one IMG_0063.JPG own one of these too IMG_0902.JPG Then again um a fossil but can say we can fill a gas tank without spilling it on the paint. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

It’s amazing to me that Harley is taking this long to release 2 bikes that are not ground breaking in any way .. The tech and engineering is already out there and has been done for decades.

Harley is an important manufacturer they have history and should thrive absolutely. But they piss me off at how they shoot themselves in the foot constantly. They release a beautiful looking bike but when you break it down you find such stupid decisions where made. Like a bike with halogen turn signals and an LED headlight.. why?

Their customer base has trained them to not be innovative or bleeding edge I get that but the tide has turned now and it’s time for them to innovate and do it well so they can stop being seen as fossils. I don’t think it does us as motorcyclists any good for Harley to cease to exist. Even though I would never buy another Harley at the current state of the union there. I do not wish for their failure.
I’ll bite! I work at Harley in R&D and laid off due to the Corona Virus (everyone in R&D). Can’t release a bike before it’s sorted and has a ready to buy customer base! Smart move corporate wise.

I’ll bite! I work at Harley in R&D and laid off due to the Corona Virus (everyone in R&D). Can’t release a bike before it’s sorted and has a ready to buy customer base! Smart move corporate wise.

Good to hear your perspective. Can you share more thoughts on the R&D spirit at Harley ? Is it fostering of thinking out of the box ? How do you feel about the companies future ? Are *******s like me right in some way to feel the way we feel. Lol

I was part of the club too..

6548D45A-1F49-4566-80F4-A7D59CD040DB.jpeg
That is one of those new ones. Like the pipes. Mine has over one hundred thousand miles Fatboy 2010 with a brand new S&S 124. Transmission upgrade and primary upgrades. Dyno at 130 horse. Harley needs to take some lessons from some fossil guys that have been around a wrench or to. Then again maybe Triumph could take a few lessons. I believe folks would buy if the performance was real. Some folks like myself look and walk with to many gizmos and not much on real horse power and torque. Just saying there a lot of older folks like myself that are not impressed with the new bikes at all.

Good to hear your perspective. Can you share more thoughts on the R&D spirit at Harley ? Is it fostering of thinking out of the box ? How do you feel about the companies future ? Are *******s like me right in some way to feel the way we feel. Lol
Lots of creativity, it’s engineering, so it’s pretty regimented. Where I work is like motorcycle fantasy land! We can literally make anything.

I feel the brand is undergoing a redefinition and rejuvenation.

Surprising to many, the MoCo relies heavily on what people want. Try getting a group of people together and come to an agreement on anything, and you can sense the difficulty making a vehicle the masses like!

I was part of the club too..

6548D45A-1F49-4566-80F4-A7D59CD040DB.jpeg
I have for a long time loved the Fat Bob in the Dyna line up. I kind of like it in the new soft tail line. Those head light on the new bike are a turn off for me but I can live with that. However, the tiny tank is a no go. I want a FAT tank on my Fat Bob.

I have for a long time loved the Fat Bob in the Dyna line up. I kind of like it in the new soft tail line. Those head light on the new bike are a turn off for me but I can live with that. However, the tiny tank is a no go. I want a FAT tank on my Fat Bob.
Yea it wasn’t ideal .. I had a stage 1 and 2 done and I was getting about 120-150km to a tank with hard riding. I miss the theatre the V twin made and the engine was torquey and fun but I just never loved the bike overall.

Back