canadiancopper2014

.020 Over
Ride
1972 Triumph Tiger, 1971 Norton Long Range Fastback, 2010 Rocket Touring
Greetings,

I believe this has been discussed before, however I have 2 outstanding questions,

1 - Does the 2010 Rocket Touring have a OBDII connection.

IF SO,

2 - Has anyone within the membership, successfully installed a Eco-route on their bike. If so, which GPS model did you use and how did you rig it up to your bike. I have looked at the Zumo model, which is way overpriced in my humble opinion. I would be more inclined to use a automotive model (2797 Nuvi comes to mind). I would put a ziplock sandwich bag over the unit, in the event I get caught in a rain storm. I would be very interested on the mounting of the unit on the handlebars and if the power source is hard wired or in the alternative plugged into a 12v cigarette plug.

In closing, I'm sick of the snow already, and would love to cover some serious mileage on my new (old) Rocket. I traded in my Road King for the Rocket, was tired of the Harley crowd. I found that the conversation was always wanting more power and bells and whistles. This Rocket has everything except a radio and cruise control. I can live with that.

BTW, no-one has this bike, which makes it unique in my head!!

Regards,

I am getting ready to install a Garmin GPS and the EcoRoute on my 2013 Touring. I purchased a Nuvi 3490 LMT, which is probably overkill but it was on sale for a killer price. I will get a Ram mount and put it on the handle bars. I did it mainly for the ability to have a tach, and other instruments. Having the GPS will help when I go to places I am unfamiliar with. I am going to get the Eastern Beaver PC-8 fused panel so as I expande my electrics, I will have an easy way to hook them up.

bob

All of our Rockets have an OBD2 connector, you will find it near the battery. I've thought about using the Eco-Route as well. Ram mount would probably be a good way to go.

Welcome to the forum from Wyoming.

I came from a Harley too and have never looked back.

Well my friends,

I had a bit more time to research this item, there is a RAM mount that is totally waterproof that will fit up to 5 inches, and is also lockable.

I'm thinking this is the slickest piece of kit for my bike.

This is a great place.

Regards,

I use a Nuvi 760 with a mount from Powerlet. The mount has a fused 12v outlet, standard ball mount and came with a short power cord for gps. Made for neat setup that was discreet when not suing gps.

I never bothered putting a baggie over the nuvi in the rain as it seemed to stay dry behind the windshield (as long as you keep moving)

I have a Garmin 1690 Nuvi with ECO Route and I find I don't use it as much as I would like due to the glare from the sun- even with a glare shield... Maybe sunny Florida has its downfalls after all!

Back