:banghead:

8977236F-8FF9-4162-A9EA-46312CC591AA.jpeg
943F58C3-278F-47EE-8E31-2CA61D26AE05.jpeg

Wow, in-line fuse, how does that happen ? Challenge with reinstallation of the engine ?

Happy to overnight a part to you if that would help.
i dont know why fuse holder did that, mechanic error definitely a possibility but charging system has been working flawlessly since rebuild, lot of heat lot of power being sent through that fuse holder but I really dont know., thanks for that offer, much appreciated,

Hi kevin - I suspect that one may possibly be on me - remember when I put that together for you, I said I wasn't completely happy with that fuse holder, one of the blade sockets wasn't great (but the only one I had on hand at the time) and to try it and see how it went,
The clue would be what the fuse looked like - was the plastic body physically melted, or did it just blow the fusable link?
If the fuse body was all melted, then it was definitely the socket at fault. (high resistance contact on high current circuit produces heat - same issue as why/how that OEM single connector on the Negative cable fries)
I'll need to put new one together for you for when you get back.

But you didn't carry any spare fuses regardless? :unsure:

I would say to get you home, first, just try a new fuse (and carry a few spares!)
Or I think you'd be safe enough to cut out the fuse holder splice wires together (no fuse) - I really don't think is circuit fault, just bad connection and consequently overheating

Roll back operator seems to have a good, secure way to move bikes. Sad setback to a great adventure.
Its all good, i was chasing a storm and was getting impatient and probably would have tried bustin through as it wasnt that fast,
Hi kevin - I suspect that one may possibly be on me - remember when I put that together for you, I said I wasn't completely happy with that fuse holder, one of the blade sockets wasn't great (but the only one I had on hand at the time) and to try it and see how it went,
The clue would be what the fuse looked like - was the plastic body physically melted, or did it just blow the fusable link?
If the fuse body was all melted, then it was definitely the socket at fault. (high resistance contact on high current circuit produces heat - same issue as why/how that OEM single connector on the Negative cable fries)
I'll need to put new one together for you for when you get back.

But you didn't carry any spare fuses regardless? :unsure:

I would say to get you home, first, just try a new fuse (and carry a few spares!)
Or I think you'd be safe enough to cut out the fuse holder splice wires together (no fuse) - I really don't think is circuit fault, just bad connection and consequently overheating
thanks man i went to napa and found the same one, i had to splice it in, ( butt connectors) the fuse was physically melted the plastic case and the plug itself. Trying to get xp-10 to jump bike now.

B4219BE2-76A8-498A-8C0B-80AC22A970C2.jpeg
image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Kevin, so sorry to hear that your trip has come to a grinding halt. But on the bright side, so far you've found some brilliant roads, beautiful scenery, huge steaks, and a few nice people on the way! Plenty more to come no doubt..:thumbsup::thumbsup:
No doubt bud and i will keep that as my attitude, thanks GOC

Back