**(Found One)** Need new/gently used drive shaft for Roadster/Touring #T1270700

What does yours look like :unsure:
Kevin, it's not like I drag race or anything.... :sneaky:
driveshaft.jpg

Kevin, it's not like I drag race or anything.... :sneaky:
driveshaft.jpg
Hard to tell looking at picture, is it that very end gets messed up? warp says make sure you throw a dollop of grease on that end, helps that spring ( which may not be enough for built motor when youre a heathen) but my end was cut grovved pretty bad ill shoot a picture here

Mine mushed up pretty good, it showed no signs of being bad or messed up.
Hey Kevin- thank you for those photos. Unfortunately, the problem travels all the way down the splines. They're no longer flat, but triangular.

I think someone's been riding my bike when I wasn't looking :whitstling:

Of course she has 77,000 miles on her now. I found earlier posts where people were having theirs go out after 15k.

driveshaft2.jpg

Hey Kevin- thank you for those photos. Unfortunately, the problem travels all the way down the splines. They're no longer flat, but triangular.

Of course she has 77,000 miles on her now. I found earlier posts where people were having theirs go out after 15k.

driveshaft2.jpg
Yeah its soft, probably on purpose, probably best item to give actually

driveshaft2.jpg

How does the helical gear look??? Normal if one gear is worn so is the other one

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211119-094335.jpg
    Screenshot_20211119-094335.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 2
A quick look it seemed ok. I should have looked more closely for any sign of wear. I replaced the final drive a couple of years ago.

Edit- I obviously don’t know what that gear is. I was referring to the female end of the final drive. It looked ok

Last edited:
Back