Read it...just been busy...the RV park flooded again last night...got my hands full and have yet to hear from the shop...will see if 8 can maximize payout for damage and still keep the bike if possible for later project.

As stated previously, you should follow your heart.

As an outside observer, one wonders. Almost no one buys a Rocket with dollars and cents a primary consideration, realizing everyone's circumstances are different.

Following @Steel 's experience would be an inexpensive check, and likely not lose anything from any insurance discussion - you could even leave all the flood debris on the bike for effect.

And if the bike seems to be running, go with it (and move to higher ground). And if recommended action doesn't pan out, your fallback would still be contacting the insurance adjuster. I would still move to higher ground.

And please know, whatever you decide, you are always welcome here.

Great find, a REAL Classic Tourer with all the goodies from the accessory showroom!
I'm winning!............................................................... For now. ;) :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::cool:

But that could be a cheap replacement for the written off insurance payout.

Back