Maelstrom

Supercharged
Ride
2007 Rocket III Classic Tourer
Flooded...No, I don’t mean flooded with gas...I got home from work today to find my temporary home flooded along with my ‘07 Classic which had been parked outside with a covering over it. I don’t know for sure how high the waters got, but a neighbor shared with me that the bike was at least partly underwater. It was already getting dark when I got home and the water was too deep to make it into the drive. I had to stay somewhere else for the night, but will check on things first thing in the morning. Worried about the bike more than anything...I hope I can get it started up tomorrow and there is no damage. Anyone else ever get their bike underwater? Any pointers?

What about the house ? Are you going to need anything more than a bucket and mop ?
My temporary home is a motor home...I think perhaps it is high enough that no water damage was sustained, but will not know for sure until tomorrow. The bike however, is more of a concern because it was parked on lower ground and almost certainly was at least partly underwater.
1B13FB47-AB86-430A-A68C-B268C7E3D54F.jpeg

I hope it's not too bad mate....remove the rear and drain/dry/re-grease the final drive etc....water level any higher than the boot on the back of the trans and i drop the sump for sure

As long as the water did not pass over the intakes, I would not expect any problem. At the end of the day the important parts are sealed.

In any case we wish you all the best - while sitting in the sun and waiting desperately for the rain to come... it's far too dry here in Northern Bavaria...

just surveyed the damage...you can see where the waterline is...the bike could have been underwater for up to an hour, probably not any longer than that. I need to clean off all the crap and check to see if any water is in the oil. Bike was due for service anyways, so will likely haul it in today and have them replace brake pads, relube the spline and replace air filters (pretty sure they got soaked).
F4D7265E-4DBD-4639-8E50-CE47B96C48A1.jpeg

Back