First ride of the year

rayjay

Nitrous
Ride
2012 roadster
It's been a real nice day here in London..still a bit cold but lots of blue sky and dry roads. And with some excitement i wheeled the bike out the garage. Have not rode it since before christmas, the weather here has been ****. She started first time..i do keep it on a tender..i am always amazed at the noises this thing makes. Let her run for awhile..just so i could have a good look around her and check her out.
Wifey said i had a big grin on my old boy's face as i pulled away. I did about 70miles and enjoyed everyone of them. Bike ran like a champ and what a great feeling to be back on two wheels..i love this rocket of mine. Ride safe gentlemen :D

Ray

Glad you got out...aint it great! It's a nice day here and I'm actually thinking of riding my motorless bike (bicycle) in/for my battle against the bulge:(

Well said Ray, although I've had my bike out through most of the winter, except the bad snow & ice, it's so good to get out with a bit of blue in the sky & a hint of spring in the air. Myself & son went for a spin yesterday also, I think the weather has been pretty good across most of the country, we went about 60 miles round trip stopping off at the premier eating house in the county, that is the truck stop between Chester & Whitchurch on the A41 (best burgers around). The roads although full of potholes are nice & dry & allow a little bit of fun in the twisty bits,(chicken strips getting narrower).:D

I..i am always amazed at the noises this thing makes.
Ray

LOL! God bless the rocket for that, always keeps you wondering. I remember when it first came out and there were so many questions about the different noises and what they meant. Most of them meant nothing and were just part of the character of the bike. On the other hand, there was the paint can rattle......

Glad you got out for a ride, my bike was down for two months while I changed out the oil tank seals and then had to figure what I did wrong in the reassemble. What a joy the rocket is, pure motorcycle bliss.

Hi Ugarte..she sure has lot's of character and i'd be hard pushed to let her go.
I often think..what would i replace her with and i'm ****ed if i know.
Years ago i used to have a Laverda Jota again another triple and that had lots of character.. quite a hard quality to find in a bike. All the best..Ray

Glad to see somebodys riding........Here in central ny the weather is just starting to turn...although we just got hit with 2.5ft of snow last thurs and thats still hanging around but temps are still a little chilly. More of a factor is the salt on the roads. Was thinking about pulling the bike out for a run so I could install my GIPro but the salt will get everywhere and I know I couldnt clean it all so another month maybe....:(

mutt

Road Salt

Kmutt..good decision..that road salt is a killer if you don't get it all off. I waited for the rain to came after all that snow and salt. Sure enough it rained hard for a few days.
It's hard to sit at home with some free time and a bike waiting to be ridden :mad:

ray

Back