For Sale Early Chrome oil tank $200 free shipping in the USA

EM549

.020 Over
Ride
2008 R3T
I bought what I thought was a late model chrome oil tank from my local dealer. It was in an open box with the triumph tag and part number for a late model chrome oil tank. After an unsuccessful attempt at installing the chrome tank, I learned that it was an early oil tank with the slightly larger nipple that will not fit in the crankcase adapter on my 2008 R3T. Anyway, I have $200 in it, if anyone is interested I would sell it for that price and include domestic shipping in the USA. Alternatively, if someone has a late model chrome oil tank and they want to trade, I am open to that too. The oil tank is in pristine condition. Let me know if you're interested.

Take it back to the dealer and get your money back!
I bought it last year after inquiring about what they had sitting on the shelf in the back. It was implied that it was an as is where is cash sale. I have contemplated changing the crankcase adapters, if possible, to make it fit. I’ve decided against that now. I don’t want to trash a crankcase due to a mishap swapping out the adapters. I don’t know if it is possible to make such an irreversible blunder, but I don’t want to chance it.

Back