Torquex2

Supercharged
Ride
Tr3r. VN2000
Has anyone, on any level, ( bike, car, truck,) ever had, done, or been a diagnostic tech, on a dynamometer. Where at full throttle, a measurable vibration from the tested vehicle was confirmed?

I know why u posted this thread
is there an instrument to check this besides a half glass of water or a bubble head or maybe jello
i am interested in this as i have checked a lot of cars/trucks (wrong weighted flex plate), (driveshafts out of balance) (tires out of balance or out of round) (rims or axles bent) (clutch fans wore out or just froze up and out of balance) (slipping serpentine belts) (ujoints rusted/froze up) (bad mounts letting motor/transmissions ground to frame) (mufflers/pipes touching frame/body) (alternators/generators water pumps power steering units ac units) had an ac with bolts lose that would shake coins out of the ash tray. engine misses bad valves spark plugs/wires ect
big chunk of concrete in the crank shaft pulley
hopefully there is an instrument

is there an instrument to check this besides a half glass of water or a bubble head or maybe jello
i am interested in this as i have checked a lot of cars/trucks (wrong weighted flex plate), (driveshafts out of balance) (tires out of balance or out of round) (rims or axles bent) (clutch fans wore out or just froze up and out of balance) (slipping serpentine belts) (ujoints rusted/froze up) (bad mounts letting motor/transmissions ground to frame) (mufflers/pipes touching frame/body) (alternators/generators water pumps power steering units ac units) had an ac with bolts lose that would shake coins out of the ash tray. engine misses bad valves spark plugs/wires ect
I posted this really one reason. The dealership I purchased my 2020 R3r from last year, is aware of my vibration complaints. Their mechanic took it for a brief around town test ride, and did mention he noticed a “ slight” issue at legal speed limits. He made a small “ adjustment “ related to the clutch lever. I told them that they would never notice the severity of the vibration just by putting around town at 50klm/h. I explained that the mechanic needs to take the bike up to much higher speeds on the open highway before he’ll feel the ridiculous, and dangerous levels of vibration being produced . I of course got the...” The speeds you’re asking us to ride at are not only illegal, but outside of company liability perimeters.” I get that. And knew they would use these excuses even before I asked. Hence my dilemma. Nobody buys a R3r to ride around anywhere at “ scooter “ speed limits. And the dealership refuses to take my bike up to its “ fail” margins. This is what is meant by being “ caught between a rock, and a hard place.” My only hope( I’m thinking), is to have my bike tested in a “ safe, legal manner” on a dynamometer. And have a technician testify on my behalf that this bike does have a VERY significant vibration issue at high RPM’s, and in all 6 gears. If I can’t make that happen, I’m fked. Because the dealership is never paying to have that tested for me. I’m not looking to find a specific “ instrument “ to measure vibration. I simply need the dynamometer tech to admit that he feels it while sitting on the bike under load. He’s essentially the instrument I need. To tell you the truth. I honestly doubt the dealership will even except that finding as reasonable cause to initiate a substantial warranty claim.

Thanks for the great reply

Any chance you get the bike on a track and let a pro rider take it for a ride.

Maybe that could help.
That’s not a bad idea. Unfortunately there’s no bike track around here long enough to speed test a bike. And I don’t know any pro’s .

Hum the guys at my dealer will ride bikes at real speeds. When I let the sales manager take out my newly modified Roadster her said a copper gave him the blue light flash at 135 mph. Says the police never even began to give chase.:eek:

Im not sure they’d want to testify to corporate about it though.

Hum the guys at my dealer will ride bikes at real speeds. When I let the sales manager take out my newly modified Roadster her said a copper gave him the blue light flash at 135 mph. Says the police never even began to give chase.:eek:

Im not sure they’d want to testify to corporate about it though.
You have a Harley Roadster that goes 135?

No way.😆 I have two Rockets, the older 2014 is a Roadster and is modified with Lush and Bryant parts. It is the” Big Power”. The other is a stock TFC. My Indian motorcycles can’t go that fast and all my Harleys are gone.
Sorry. I’m not familiar with the original R3’s. Like at all. Didn’t know they also used the term “ Roadster “ I always associated that name with the Harley V twin.

Back