Defective ECUs in 2014 and 2015 year models

At the bottom of the article.

The models affected are Bonneville, Bonneville T100, Thruxton, Scrambler, Thunderbird, Thunderbird Storm, Tiger 800, Tiger 800XC, Speedmaster, America, Rocket III Touring and Rocket III Roadster.

bob

Oh my I clearly over looked that.... thanks Bob for pointing that out. So...... the Rockets III are on the list... well that sucks.

Good info. I wonder how the ECU would be replaced. I mean to say would it be a simple matter of unplugging the unit with a new one or replace the software on the old one. Just a bunch of kids down at the triumph dealer, like a lot of places. Sure hate to think about them getting in there.

Mine too, no recall (2014 R3T)
Probably helps if we read the article. :roll:

The recall has been announced in nations like Australia, UK and Canada while the rest of the markets including the US are expected to receive information regarding the exercise in due course.

Well, if you read the article, it was almost six months ago, and I would be reasonable to be checking (though maybe refraining from a flood of negative reports) if "due course" has yet happened.

Also, something to keep in mind, an ECU malfunction may not fall under the legal definition of "safety recall", so Triumph's "safety recall" website may not show anything. Just a thought.

Back