So, do tell Chris about the handlebars. Very cool and very well done.
But I did want to ask if you actually see yourself taking a picture when you look into the mirrors while riding?
And Boudreaux, very interesting avatar as well. I'm tempted to ask if you see that in your rear view mirrors while riding -- but I won't.

Ponters got his spoiler from Carbon Dry in Japan (don't think they make them anymore but I could be wrong) have a look on their (very pricey) website.

very sneaky but so smart after all. your aftermarket handlebars appears to be slightly narrower than OEM
About 3" narrower - bit higher. They JUST clear the tank on full lock. JUST!. With hindsight MAYBE 1/2" more rise would have been more cruiser-ish. But then I don't really ride it like a cruiser so.........

The throttle tube area is 7/8" tubing and the actual throttle tube runs on iGus sleeve bearings. Made them myself - to fit me exactly. Very H/Duty Stainless and resin filled to kill vibration.

To get both screens on at once I had to make different brackets - but keeps all spurious light reflections at bay. The instrument chrome rear covers are PlastDip'd too. So's the key cover plate. The Blacking out rubber coated Carbon Fibre on the roadster screen could now come off - But I sort of like it. It has some interesting night visibility enhancements incorporated too.

Photo taken from behind the bike - so no I don't see myself as I ride.

Last edited:
About 3" narrower - bit higher. They JUST clear the tank on full lock. JUST!. With hindsight MAYBE 1/2" more rise would have been more cruiser-ish. But then I don't really ride it like a cruiser so.........

The throttle tube area is 7/8" tubing and the actual throttle tube runs on iGus sleeve bearings. Made them myself - to fit me exactly. Very H/Duty Stainless and resin filled to kill vibration.

To get both screens on at once I had to make different brackets - but keeps all spurious light reflections at bay. The instrument chrome rear covers are PlastDip'd too. So's the key cover plate. The Blacking out rubber coated Carbon Fibre on the roadster screen could now come off - But I sort of like it. It has some interesting night visibility enhancements incorporated too.

Photo taken from behind the bike - so no I don't see myself as I ride.
very cool and ingeneous

I was looking at some pictures here. I saw on a picture Ponter's has on his beast a chin spoiler. Looks Kewl. Does anyone know where I can get one??? I would send him a message but he dont answer my messages. IDK!!!:cool:

Mate i always keen to reply but then i just get caught up staring at your image and fall asleep!

http://www.carbondryjapan.com/cart/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=25_29&products_id=88

Here is the link to my exact chin spoiler. they do have another type on the same site. Not the cheapest around but there service and products are second to none.

Mine came from a company called Custom Sculpt in the UK.

sigourney weavers bike?

abom1.jpg

Back