Category Reviews???

Toystoretom

Living Legend
What would you guys think about doing some projects, like taking an accessory category and compiling some owner reviews that would be useful for people to read before they buy that accessory? For example.. We could start a thread on Aftermarket seats, and since I have a Corbin Fastgun I could take some pics of it and post those along with a small road test style review. If someone else had a Triumph gel seat they could do that... and so on. Hopefully we would have a selection of reviews for people to read that may be helpful...

We could do Saddlebags, shocks, windshields, GPS units or anything else that would be of interest.

What do ya think??

I figured you would help :D:D... We could use some help from some of our other members... I'm not going to go out and buy six different kinds of shocks.. the budget ain't big enough:eek:

With Americade coming up there will be quite a few Rocketeers there. Hopefully a few members can swap bikes with others who have different mods so they can compare the differences and whatnot. Sure is cheaper than buying everything :).

That's a good idea!! I can do some in the meantime and if we start getting a few we can move them around under different headings. I'm hoping for some input from people who have a lot of aftermarket goodies and can give a short review. I've bought some things that I haven't been too wild about and don't even have them on my bike anymore.... others may like the exact same items..

standard Triumph accessories

Seems like a good idea to me. Listing of the non standard items of my bike below, for any questions on these items just let me know what you want to know.

I recently purchased the Triumph riders gel seat, and its a Huuuuuge improvement. In fact the standard seat is worthless, gives you sadllesore and other invoneniences in ridiculous short time.

My R3 is equipped with standard Triumph accessories like, the fog light kit, engine dresser bars, clock kit and fuel gauge, foot boards, heated grips, leather panniers, pannier dresser rails, tall sissy bar and luggage rack, tank cover and the touring gel seat rider.

And a special Dutch alarm kit, due to insurance regulations that prohibit use of standard factory alarms.

Alarm has been working so "good" that the bike became impossible to start without disconnecting it. This is, I guess, just a Dutch problem. You can't get the bike insured without.:confused:

One of the engine dresser bars had to be replaced because of poor welding, the upper joint just broke and caused a curious rattling noise that appeared to come from the enginge. :D You can imagine that gave a bit of a scare.:eek:

Some of the mentioned items took quite some time for delivery. I made it a pakage deal for all of them except the gel seat when I bought the bike, completion after 9 months.

The fuel gauge, by the way, has the same problem as the fuel light, the bike seems to run on air.

Still thinking about an exhaust system with a "sound".

regards
Theo

Last edited:
Inexpensive Clock

This is just a silly clock add on that just about anybody can do.

This little beauty can be forund at Wal Mart for about $3.99, it is in the automotive department. I have seen them at the Bling Bling auto parts chains (Like Auto Zone) also. Outside the USA I'm sure they can be found as they are a product of our friends in China, and they are everywhere. Any similar small battery operated clock would probably work just as well.

Simply take a small Phillips screwdriver and remove the back. Drill 4 small holes in a rectangular pattern, be careful, the back is a little flimsy. Thread two small electrical zip ties through the holes and reinstall the clock back onto the clock. Using the zip ties attach it to your clutch cable. You can put one on the cat's tail...

It wouldn't be a bad idea to put a little clear silicone glue around the holes you drilled as the clock doesn't like water.. from rain or the garden hose. Oddly, after it dries out it comes right back on :eek:. I have had my bike up over a 100 mph and it stays on, and even some very large bugs have hit it.

It has large numbers that even I can see and is a useful mod for under $5.

A Little More Sound & Horsepower

I just had the 3/3 Staintune exhause with their collector. Amazing how much smoother throttle response and a richer and fuller sound. Probably around 93 db but I understand from the local Triumph dealer there one bolt per pipe that can allow you to take out the baffle and get a more intense and lower rumble from the beast. It was a nice plus to find an added 22 horsepower.

I have fond memories of Amsterdam, Amersfort and Den Hague. Some of the most cordial people are in Niederland but I could not get used to the pickled herring.

License Plate Relocation

I would like to see another license plate relocation kit. I like the one Pig9r did, but I would like a curved set up, with lighting for night time. Also would like a way to relocate the stock, or stock similar turn signals. I would prefer a no brainer kit that a novice like me could install. But I have been thinking of modifying a custome chrome one with help from my welder buddy and a chrome shop.

Back