[Apr 11, 2015] Moonshine Lunch Run 2015 SS1K (Martinsville, IL)

tdragger

Living Legend
The Moonshine Lunch Run is an off-the-wall gathering started 11 years ago as a reason to get out on our bikes after a long winter. You gather near Casey, IL and ride out to the Moonshine Store for a moonburger. A few years ago they started organizing official SaddleSore 1000 rides as many of the participants were using the occasion to complete an SS1K. In coordination with the Iron Butt Association, the event is now a sanctioned IBA Event and some of the documentation rules have been streamlined. If you have ever wanted to get your Iron Butt award, this is a great opportunity.

The event web site is www.moonshine-run.com.

The SS1K information can be found here: https://sites.google.com/site/mlrss1k/home

The rules are simple. Register and select one of the 70 pre-approved routes. Plan and execute your ride in order to arrive and check in at the Days Inn in Casey, IL by 4pm on Friday, April 10. You need a starting receipt that has the city and state and time, possibly a mid-point receipt if your route requires it, and an ending receipt in Casey, IL. Total time between start and finish must be < 24 hours (don't forget time zone changes).

My plan is to leave Richmond, VA in the wee hours of Thursday morning (most likely around 2 am). This route calls for a mid-point in O'Fallon, MO. I'm targeting to arrive in Casey by 8pm. I may shift the time up a bit to try to avoid St Louis rush hour. Right now I'm planning to camp at the Hammond Farm but that is subject to change as the event draws near. https://goo.gl/maps/kQTUO

If there is sufficient interest, I may be persuaded to do the D.C. to Chattanooga to Casey route although I'm not too enthused about trying to get a gas or ATM receipt within the confines of D.C. in the early hours of the morning.

The deadline for registering is March 29th.

Want to go to the Hub but to early in the season to count on the weather getting out of here. Had a great time there a couple years ago.

Back